Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Esplanade Park

Right...I think I've only got half an hour before having to set off for guitar lessons, so I'd just write an entry before leaving.

I've been to the Esplanade music library and rooftop countless times, but I seldom venture out to the Esplanade park, where Victoria Concert Hall is situated. In fact, the last time I went to Victoria Concert Hall for a concert was in 2006 or so. Anyway Victoria Concert Hall is now being upgraded.

Right, this was one of the many trips I took before the Chinese New Year weekend, and that was around late January. They were also setting up the stage for Chingay. It was a pretty short visit to the park itself though.



On the way to Esplanade Park - I've seen many photographers take pictures like this too:



Oh yes, and on the other side, there were lots and lots of tourists crowding around the Merlion. This was taken through a gap in the bridge above.



And now we finally reach the Esplanade Park!

Bumboat bringing tourists along the river.



This was pretty near Fullerton Hotel. Can't really recall what it's called though.



There were around 2 or 3 ice-cream vendors hanging around the area, and one of them decided to have some hunger satisfactions before continuing his business...



Cavanagh Bridge - next to the one that I mentioned earlier. Engineers: P & W Magellan, 1868, Glasgow.




Some posts at a memorial, just next to Victoria Concert Hall and the statue of Sir Stamford Raffles.



Oh yes, and there were quite a number of sculptures.

Coolies:



19th century businessmen (the woman on the sculpture just happened to be posing for the camera and was pretty fascinated by the sculpture):



And my favourite one: the 2 kittens and mother cat by the river! Love the way the kittens were portrayed, and the protective mother.





Fullerton Hotel. I've never been in there, but I heard there's this chocolate buffet or something - must try it out someday.




Headed back to Centrepoint soon after and managed to catch a glimpse of a lion-dance performance.




Oh yes, and on the day I went to Pan Pacific Hotel, the decorations outside the Paragon were complete, and there were fresh flowers growing around them. Like a miniature flower show or something.

Reckon there were 3 or 4 types though, mainly chrysanthemum.








Ok and that is about it for now! Gotta run!