Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 09, 2011

GPO and Pet Shop

This was one of the Sundays where we got tired of brunch in college and decided to bail out. We was supposed to go to the GPO (general post office) shopping area for lunch only, but when I stepped into the GPO shopping area, I was simply awed by its interior - it was just so gorgeous! Oh, and the very first GPO was first declared in 1837, and the foundation for this building was laid in 1859. Extensions were also made in 1887 to include the clock tower and some other upgrades.

So I spent quite a long time snapping away at the interior, and of course, my poor buddy had to put up with it! :P "Oh well, time management fail," he says.

The exterior was equally gorgeous though - and I'll cover the rest of the exterior pics in another post (yep, I did go bach...I mean back...to GPO). The pictures below are mostly of the old section of the GPO - there's a new section on the left of the old one.




Getting ready for Easter! They had egg-shaped chocolates, and even unusual stiletto-heel chocolates! And of course, there were some chocs shaped like golf balls! Wonder what happens if a person finishes the entire choc - he'd probably get sugar rush or something!




Arches at the opposite end of the GPO shopping area.



And here's the mandatory zoomburst shot of the massive sign on the ceiling :)



Stepping right into the shopping complex...



Most of the more well-known brands were on the 1st floor (as the banner above suggests). The inside just looks so fancy! Actually the GPO ceased to be a post office in 2001, and was converted and restored into a shopping complex in 2004.




Ground floor and first floor shops. Some of the shops on the ground floor had unusual brands - like Acne...



Ok, these were probably the last few pics of the GPO before my friend had to drag me off - I had to pop by the ABC Shop (also in the GPO but at the newer end) to get some magazines.




So we headed to Melbourne Central to chill a little more, after I got my magazines. Guess what? Glenn Gould and Vladimir Ashkenazy were featured in the magazines I got! And of course, La Stupenda (Dame Joan Sutherland) was featured in one of the issues too! Got pretty excited when I saw Dame Joan Sutherland's pic in the magazine.

So bach (I mean back!) to Melbourne Central, where we headed to the pet shop of course.

These puppies are going to be fighting machines - they were play fighting non-stop when we went over, and when we left, they were still at it!!!



Ok maybe they're bipolar or something...there were moments where they were actually tame...




And their neighbours included gorgeous pomeranians!! There were 2 in the enclosure - one kept sleeping, and the other posed willingly for pictures.

Here's Mr Sleepy...I guess he was really tired that day or something.




He did wake up for awhile though, but promptly fell back asleep.



And here's his "roommate", Ms Photogenic.




Ok, maybe Ms Photogenic was sleepy too, but not as sleepy as the other one.




Well she did "interact" with people - who pretended to feed her through the glass.





Moving on to the kittens. It's been a while since I saw kittens in the pet shop.

There were 3 kittens in this enclosure, and they were absolutely adorable! I still think the Pomeranians were the most adorable though.

Here's one of them - fresh as a daisy - from her afternoon nap.



Before that the 3 of them were snuggled up against each other.




And when one woke up, the other 2 did wake up as well. And went for hunger satisfactions together. I wonder if they come from the same family. If they do, I really hope they'll be adopted together...



Ummmm yum yum! :) Licking herself after her meal.



There was also another kitten who lived just next to the white-kitten trio. He was alone though, but equally sociable. And best part - he posed for pictures! He's a pretty good model, actually.




Last picture of one of the white kittens. Before I had more "time management fail"...



And we decided to head back to college by then - but just before I went back to my room to continue studying, we decided to visit Aggie the college cat! I did a photoshoot for her - an official one using Helios the dSLR, and I'll post pictures soon!

We spotted this massive (yet impressive spider) near the kitchen garden. It was pretty hard to get a good shot of it though.



Initially we couldn't find Aggie, and were wondering where she wandered off to. But when we were talking, we heard familiar "meow, meeeooowww...", and Aggie was just right behind us! She was affectionate as usual, rubbing against me and giving big smoochies...

And best of all, she was an awesome poser!



She just happened to be hungry, so yeah... "Where's my food? Feed me, Min!"



Then she decided to soak up some vitamin D when she couldn't get her hunger satisfactions. She wasn't angry or anything - probably thinking, "Oh well, since I cannot get my hunger satisfactions now, I could get them later!"





"HALITOSIS!!!" That's what Steph would have said. Hahaha...Aggie's just yawning - she's a busy cat, always on the move, and don't forget - she goes clubbing with the other cats at night! And she might have had a massive hangover before we visited!



I guess that's it for the GPO/Pet Shop trip! :)