Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Aggie pics and autumn colours

Hey guys! Sorry once again for being missing in action! I've been pretty tied up with assignments and stuff...and oh my gosh, the semester's officially ending this week!! Time sure flies...or should I say, time goes at a constant rate, but we don't realise it's passing by...

Anyways here're some pictures of what Aggie the college cat's up to! I've got about 5 albums from numerous weekend photoshoots of her! Well she's a really good model actually...and that makes us wonder - was she a model in her past life?

So...let's start...

1. Being silly and sticking out her tongue (:P :P :P, back at you, Aggie!!! :P)



2. Looking at her food bowl - wooaaawwww (feed me!!!)



3. Lazing on the garden bench, soaking up vitamin D...




4. Pretending to be a monorail cat...



5. Surveying the kitchen garden (and possibly looking out for an entourage of people carrying cans of tuna for her)...



6. Being a poser as usual...I think we're even more certain that she was a supermodel in her past life!





7. Jumping into garden beds and sniffing out caterpillars (and possibly looking for a good garden bed to nap in...although she's NOT allowed to)



8. Using the garden bed as a scratching post (again, this is prohibited but she still does it)



9. And of course, after a long day of surveying the garden, scratching, pretending to be a monorail cat, looking out for tuna, sleeping in garden beds etc., it's BATH TIME!! :D Possibly her favourite time of the day - she definitely spends a lot of time on this!



And I also realised that the black goatee below her nose was shaped like a heart! No wonder she's such a lovable kitty... :)



So yeah, besides doing lots of photoshoots for Aggie (and yes I might do yet another one for her this weekend!), I've also been going around my suburb. It's late autumn now and the trees are shedding their leaves - and there's a gorgeous mixture of red, orange, yellow etc all around.

Along the crescent - looks like one of the trees has nearly gone bare...and wow, I wonder who's living in this cottage...looks pretty cosy...



Autumn colours along the street leading up to my residential hall. This side is known as College Crescent...well it's shaped like a crescent surrounding the main campus...



Another view - this time this was taken from college, with autumn colours from yet another street in the background. This street's known as Royal Parade.



And here's Royal Parade. Most of the trees are pretty much thinned out by now, probably just a few leaves hanging here and there...and yes, spot the evergreen tree amongst the deciduous ones...



Yet another view from the junction of the crescent and Royal Parade.



Just outside my college. These are pretty much bare by now.



Took a walk around the quieter areas of the suburb the other day too...and here're some of the more impressive-looking houses. In fact, most of the houses were actually gorgeous, but some definitely stood out amongst them.





This was the first street I walked into, from Royal Parade.





This place was shaped somewhat like a grid, so it was easy to walk around.

Some autumn colours from the other streets...





And yes - the giant inflatable penguin from one of the balconies! I just had to take a picture of it. :)



One of the houses along the intersection of 2 streets. This was one of the biggest houses in the area.


I think I was more interested in Japanese maples than anything else, coz I took so many pictures of them! Well they were gorgeous anyways - and oh yes, they were the maples from the first street I walked to...





There was also a pair of maple trees growing in front of a house along Royal Parade, and I waited 3 long months for them to actually turn red/orange/yellow!! Gosh, they were one of the later ones, and they didn't even last. I went to take pictures of them twice, and by today, they were nearly bare.

Well, the pic below does explain quite a lot huh?



Sometimes when I look back at these pics, I feel as if I've done a photoshoot for a pair of Japanese maples...






And here they are! Looking good last Sunday!!





Couldn't resist the urge to take yet another pic of a maple near the 7-11 store...



And I guess that's it!! Will update again in the near future!