Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 02, 2011

Williamstown Trip 2

I went to Williamstown 3 times in a month, of which the third trip was the most epic and most different - coz we took the ferry across and spent the night watching the Royal Wedding, and then went back the next day. The main focus of the broadcast seemed to be on Princess Katherine dress - which was so gorgeous and elegant anyways...but yeah we were more captivated by the interior decor of Westminister Abbey. :P

Anyways during my second trip back to Williamstown, I mainly strolled around The Strand, a street hugging the coast, and where really, really rich people lived.



Set off from my aunt's place, and on the way there, I spotted this really friendly labrador retriever. He was probably waiting for his owner to finish shopping, but he was really nice to people who stopped by to pat him, even small children.




And here's the Strand! With the sailing clubs very nearby of course - and hence the large number of sailboats parked around this area. In my previous Williamstown trip, I went to the beach, which was situated away from the Strand, and there were virtually no sailboats parked there (because of the rocky coast). But here...check out the colours, shapes, sizes etc of all of them! I wish I had one, but right now I'm just a poor student :P





Some guy smoking along the shore, while admiring the scenery.



There were also old cannons situated around the Strand, and some kids decided to climb onto it and play some random game. Pretty interesting to watch them though.





And of course, the various activities that happen along the Strand. It was such a gorgeous day - the sky was just so clear and blue, and the waters were so calm...

Lots of cyclists were there too! Going up and down the pathway.



Oh yes, and not to mention picnics along the coast. Wish I could do that someday!



Children exploring the rocky shores.



Some even brought their adorable pooches out for walks!




Of course, every now and then, something would go wrong and children start throwing a fit...but eventually these parents manage to calm their kids down somehow.



Families also took their children out for strolls, piggyback rides and so on.



And older children cycled along the area, under the supervision of their parents of course.



An awesome example of secure attachment (oh yes I'm talking about psychology again!)



And yet another case of children getting upset. This boy wanted his mum to piggyback him (the picture above features the boy's dad and his sister), but his mum put him into the stroller instead. And oh man...he cried all the way, as they brought him back to the car. Possibly because he was tired or something.





Crossed the road and decided to have a look at the massive mansions overlooking the sea.

Fence surrounding one of the bigger houses, with flowers peeking out.



Here's the famous White House, built of solid reinforced concrete. We deduced that it could probably withstand a bomb or something! And that it could be some kind of bomb shelter :P



Some of the more well-kept plants surrounding the massive houses. Mostly roses though.




More flowers (this one is a Black-eyed Susan I think) while walking back to my aunt's place. Autumn's well and truly here, and some of the trees were already bare! Oh, and not to mention, Williamstown's definitely colder than the city.








Typical street in Williamstown. This is Verdon Street, I think. And the white concrete fence on the left was surrounding a heritage-listed building.



And here the building is! Pretty well-kept, but empty and cobwebs were starting to surround the gargoyles.




Here the building is in its full glory, dwarfing the neighbour's house. It somehow looks like a fortress from here.



Some of the more typical houses along the streets. Not all of them were well-maintained though, but most of them were either surrounded by low fencing, or no fencing at all.




This one was an exception though - it was one of the bigger houses, and it seemed really securely barricaded from the streets around it.



While waiting for the train - Williamstown Beach station seems to be really quiet all the time. In fact, most of the stations in the suburbs were quiet most of the time - reminded me of the time I went to Lilydale for the Tulip Fest last year.

The sky just looks so gorgeous from here...and it was almost sunset by then.



And guess who was waiting at the entrance of college when I got back? Aggie the college cat!

She came up to me, meowed a lot (as usual) and rubbed all over. I had to lead her back to the kitchen garden as she was standing around the boom gates. Wonder how she managed to get there in the first place. But after that she was well-behaved as usual, and decided to pose for some pictures. :) She's grown fluffier and fatter, and oh my gosh, I really want to cuddle her each time I see her!




And I guess that concludes my second Williamstown trip! I might have to split my third Williamstown trip into a number of posts though - there're 421 pics in total! :O Will post again pretty soon, if assignments don't kill me!