Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 20, 2011

St Patrick's at dusk

1 word: FREEDOM!!!!

YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Exams are finally over!!!! LIBERATION!!!!!!!



Ok that is besides the point. I did a post on St Patrick's cathedral a while back and most of the pictures were taken during the day. So here I am again, with pics of St Patrick's after sunset. These were actually taken on the same day I went to Fitzroy Gardens, and by then daylight savings had ended, so it got dark really early.

I've got pictures of St Patrick's on my way to Fitzroy Gardens too! St Patrick's is just opposite Fitzroy Gardens, so when I was walking to the gardens, I stopped by and took pictures, and while walking back, I stopped by again.

One of the roses growing in the St Patrick's cathedral garden.



And this was taken just before I crossed the road. Had to snap the picture - really fast. Before the light changed and I had to cross.



I think there was a wedding going on inside St Patrick's, but at the same time, there was a couple taking pictures OUTSIDE the cathedral. :) The photographer had lots of ideas indeed.





Gave up stalking the wedding photographer shortly after (he was basically repeating the same thing and asking them to pose the same way) and focused on seagulls instead. In Melbourne, even the seagulls are laid-back. And here's 1 classic example of one - who decided to spread his wings but didn't want to fly.



Seagull flying: AHAHAHAA this leaf is mine!
Seagull with mouth open: GIVE IT TO ME!!!
Seagull preening: UGH...they are bickering AGAIN!!!



"I might just splash around in the pool..."




And later on, on the way back, I stepped into St Patrick's cathedral. Believe me, it looks very very different at dusk. It's so much darker and solemn. Equally impressive though.











And of course - the main entrance. There was this lady who had 3 dogs on leashes! And the 3 dogs were so active, running around her (not tangling her up, fortunately!). I think she was waiting for someone.




And no, this picture isn't deliberate. She sat down and her dogs followed. Best part - they're looking in the same direction (except the brown one)



One more shot of St Patrick's before it got dark for real. It looks pretty dominating here, especially with the grey clouds. And speaking of grey clouds - Melbourne's just so unpredictable! I thought it was going to rain that day and debated with myself - whether or not to go to Fitzroy Gardens. In the end I went though. And it didn't rain - which was good!



Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy the holidays (and not enjoy packing my room!). Time for a piano marathon tonight!