Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Wildflower Festival Part 3

I think I'm officially addicted to the chocolate in San Churro.  I've been thinking about it non-stop despite already having it twice last week.  See the chocolate stain at the edge of the cup?  Bad sign...and to think I am on a strict diet right now!




I think there's going to be a part 4 for this series - I spent so many weekends at Kings Park!  Of course, I didn't just take pics of the flowers - Kings Park itself is gorgeous!  The last 2 installments for this series will be on the other places I visited in Kings Park.

First time up the Glass Bridge:

Before I went on the glass bridge, I managed to enjoy some good views of the Kwinana Freeway as I went along the trail.  I passed by some boab trees - they were interesting!





Went up the glass bridge about 15-20 minutes before it closed (so it was around 4:30pm then), and enjoyed excellent views of the city, the river, plus the Swan Brewery.  The Swan Brewery was really prominent from the bridge.







Turned around and noticed this small sheltered area right in the middle of the park - flanked by trees.  More to that in the next section.




And took more pictures of the Swan Brewery just as the sun was setting.








Got off the bridge just minutes before it closed.  People were rushing up to catch good views of the brewery before the bridge was closed off for the day.  Oh - and in case you were wondering - the bridge is open from 9am to 5pm everyday.  I went up three times and I still don't get tired of the excellent view from there.  Oh, and the bridge has a wave-like shape.  Reminds me of one half of a sinusoidal curve.




Few more shots of Kings Park just as the sun began to set.






Second time up the Glass Bridge:

Remember the small shelter flanked by trees - which I briefly mentioned before in the previous section?  Well, that was where I was standing in my next trip!  I walked a different route and took a loop before going up the bridge again.

And this was what I spotted - the glass bridge from afar!  I was standing right at the foot of a hill, near a man-made creek where children were playing in.






Again, the route I took had excellent views of the city and the river, and was kinda hilly.  It was a gorgeous day again - though a tiny bit cloudy, and people were enjoying themselves water-skiing.  They made different  shapes on the water with their skis, and I could see it all from where I was.










This time - with the sun slightly higher in the sky (well it was still wayyyy before sunset!), I went to the glass bridge again and took more pics of the brewery and the city!











And instead of taking pics of the small shelter, I spotted a lady walking her dog along the pathway.  So yup, SNAP!




It was as if the sun was playing hide-and-seek with us.  One moment it was shining bright, next moment it was behind some clouds.  Which gave pretty interesting effects, like lighting up the city skyline but casting the brewery in shade...

Since I had a lot of time, I stayed longer before heading back to Fraser Avenue.  And that meant...LOTS of pics.  And I tried getting more pics of the actual bridge.

















Impressive boab tree with small clouds in the sky.  Pretty altocumulus clouds.  Anyway this boab tree was pretty famous - people kept taking pictures of it!




Passed by the war memorial just as I was leaving, and by then we had altocumulus clouds in the sky - giving it a very interesting texture.  Altocumulus clouds give really impressive sunsets, especially if they take on a "mackeral sky" formation - similar to how scales on a fish look like.  I love interesing cloud formations, especially those that enhance the landscape.

At one point I intended going into cloud-scape photography but decided against it.  Now I try to combine cloud-scapes with landscapes!




The city - under interesting altocumulus clouds.  The last time I was here - the skies were clear and blue.  Now - the skies were cloudy but textured.










Down Fraser Avenue where I caught the bus back.




So yup - to sum off, my first trip up the Glass Bridge was on a clear day and close to sunset, and my second trip was on a partly cloudy day and around 3pm in the afternoon.  2 different perspectives in 2 different trips.

Our fourth - and final installment I swear - is on the Memorial Park - located near the botanical gardens.  And of any miscellaneous pics I might have missed out on.  Stay tuned!