Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 08, 2013

FOOD!!! (Part 2): The Tuck Shop, Zapata and Theobroma

Three more eateries featured today!

First up - the Tuck Shop. One of the highest rated cafes according to famous food directory Urbanspoon (93%!). My buddy found it and we decided to head down to Northbridge (very near the city!) to try it out. One thing though - the Tuck Shop has a very small shop space, and it is VERY crowded. We had to wait for an hour before even getting a seat! Shows how popular it is! I reckon it's still pretty new though - but check out how popular it has become!





Inside the cafe. On the right (near the entrance) - there's a coffee-making area. And towards the left all the way in - that's the main shop space. Everything was so close together!

And because we got a corner seat near the window, I had quite a good view of the whole shop space.








Cute little pepper shaker on one of the tables. Each table had a unique one.





The corner seats had really interesting cushions - they looked like little sandbags! And right at the end of the cafe - there's a wall decoration which (kinda) tells the story of the Tuck Shop and its origins. And what motivated the owner to open this cafe I guess!




The colourful entrance and a notice board with lots of loyalty cards. Some people have had lots of stamps; others have fewer. But either way, they contributed and the notice board is going to overflow anytime soon! People leave their loyalty cards there and get stamps whenever they visit.






Our cosy lil' corner...not quite. This was the window seat. Ours was next to this seat. We "borrowed" this spot to take more pictures though! And I think we stayed in the cafe till it closed. That was probably 2 hours - but it sure was worth it. The atmosphere was welcoming and cosy.





The place were we chose desserts and got our coffee from. The Tuck Shop also offers takeaways if I'm not mistaken.




Waited for quite a while before our lunch arrived - since it was still super crowded! Shows how popular this place is. I was pretty fortunate - decided to order a hot choc and it arrived pretty quickly. It was also super delicious and I couldn't help but order a second one after my main course.






The Tuck Shop serves all-day brekkie, brunch and lunch. And they've got really good pies. I went for bread, lots of mushrooms and scrambled eggs for lunch. Was in the mood for lots of mushrooms that day...and was craving so badly for scrambled eggs!






That's my buddy's pie - which looked super awesome! I was so tempted to pinch some off her. But it had beef and I don't eat beef...ah wells! I'll come back again for more pie someday!




It's now pretty much mandatory for us to take pictures of our food before we eat! :) Looks like all of us have inherited the bad habit of doing so. I still do so these days! 




Dessert - the world's most delicious carrot cake. No joke! This was heavenly.




Had to leave the venue at 4pm (official closing time for them!). But it was such a good experience!

Our next restaurant for the day - Zapata's Mexican, situated along the Cappuccino Strip in Fremantle. Went there for some delicious and authentic Mexican cuisine. I had some chicken with rice and tomato sauce, and it was really good!






And of course, I had to bring my buddy to Theobroma Chocolate Lounge, where we enjoyed some lunch AND hot chocolate!

In case you were wondering...this is my hot chocolate. I had 2 that day!






My buddy bought this cute little chocolate thingy that was filled with cream. It resembled a miniature cup, so we put it next to my hot chocolate cup for comparison.






And apart from chocolate, Theobroma serves really good lunches and all-day breakfasts! So we had some since we were practically starving already. I had some toast with scrambled eggs, while my buddy had a wrap. And then my buddy got a brownie that was dripping with chocolate sauce, and we struggled to finish it. We eventually managed to finish in the end, but it was quite a challenge!







And I guess that's it for the eateries for now! Will feature more stuff as I go along!

And apologies for the delay in updates - I'm currently in Melbourne - aka the World's Most Liveable City, and am enjoying the awesome Melburnian atmosphere as much as I can. I might be studying in Perth, but my heart is still in Melbourne. And I hope to come back again very soon. I miss Melbourne so much!