Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Melbourne Part 3: Aggie the College Cat



As the title suggests...this post is going to be about Aggie the college cat! A fluffy, adorable, gorgeous black-and-white kitty who lives in my former residential hall. My first encounter with her was in 2009 when I saw her sitting on one of the tutor's heaters (warming her bellyfuzz of course!), and then I became "buddies" with her in 2010. She's still one of my best "buddies" now...and my favourite model too!

Went to visit Aggie around 4 times. Apart from the 4th time, it wasn't too difficult to find her. She was normally in her usual hiding spots, or just walking (or should I say waddling?) around.

On the day I landed in Melbourne, I went to visit Aggie. And took pictures of her of course! 




"Will I be able to make it up that log with all my carriage (i.e. fluff)?"




"Yes I did! Fluff is just bulky. I'm actually quite sleek underneath."

(The other day, I ran my fingers through Aggie's fluff and it is really thick! Looks like we can trust Aggie's judgement here! For now...)





"I love the crunchiness of the autumn leaves..."
"And I love the orangey glow of sunset."

(And that gives Min more photo opportunities......)







I also caught her staring at her own silhouette once, and thought it was pretty amusing. 




Went back to see Aggie two days later, and she greeted me with her usual sweet meows. And then she covered me with lots of cat fur by rubbing ALL OVER me. I really love running my fingers through her gorgeous fur. She's really good at keeping herself clean! I wonder if anyone actually brushes her. Her coat is very smooth and shiny, and tangle-free.

And then she hopped right onto the kitchen bench where she started posing. Two of my buddies were with me - and they gave her lots of attention, which she thoroughly enjoyed.






And the posing began! It was quite an overcast day and hence there were quite a lot of changes in lighting. Didn't really bother me...or Aggie! She just sat happily on the bench and enjoyed all the attention we gave. 












Aggie got quite fascinated with some of my stuff as well - mainly my giant backpack and my phone pouch...which looked like her twin (minus the black heart on her chin). Well - that's the main reason why I got this phone pouch! It reminds me of her all the time.





She then hopped off and tried to be mysterious/intimidating/ferocious...but nah, that didn't work. We all knew it was sweet, adorable little Aggie lurking behind the garden bed.

She then went off and chomped off some grass for snacks. 

"Aggie...the grass is NOT FOOD!!!"






Back into one of the garden beds...and then she started making silly faces.





Then she toned down and went back to her usual elegant, chic self. I should say adorable, cuddly self too! She seems to like sitting on the garden beds. Well - there aren't many plants in the garden, so I guess the gardener doesn't mind! Usually he'd scoop her out and plop her back on the ground.





Saw Aggie the night before I left as well, and this time she was much quieter. She still greeted me with her usual sweet voice, but was more solemn. I think she knew that I was going away - so she wasn't too happy. But either way, I'm coming back again in November! She won't be as fluffy but she'll still be really adorable! Can't wait to see you again, Aggie!







After saying goodbye to Aggie, I decided to take a walk around the area as it was still quite early for me. 

Went around Royal Parade and College Crescent - the major roads I usually took when I was still living in Melbourne. These roads are particularly beautiful in autumn - with the falling leaves and all. 





That's where I used to live! A gorgeous red-bricked, 1930s style residential hall situated 10 minutes away from the music school. Easy for me! I just had to walk down Royal Parade to get to uni. I miss college life - that was where I met many of my good friends, and although I've moved out, we're still in touch. 




Sometimes I'd take a shortcut through Trinity College - the residential college that's nearest to the university. And admire the old buildings as I cut through the field. I've been to Trinity College for a dinner swap before, and their dining hall resembles Hogwarts!!








Sometimes if it gets too dark, I wouldn't take shortcuts. Instead, I'd go the long way, around the other side of the crescent. And that's where I walk past other residential colleges like Queen's College, Newman College, St Mary's College, St Hilda's College and Ormond College. Here - we have Queen's College (first picture) and Newman College (second and third pictures).






Some of the typical houses you'd see along the streets in Parkville - the suburb where all these colleges (and the university!) are situated in. Parkville's a really beautiful place.




AND...just to close off today's post - I got this cute little graduation brain cell for my buddy, who's in his final year of PhD. He was really happy with it, and I told him it was mainly to motivate him to finish his thesis!




Will be putting up more pictures of Melbourne soon! In our next post, I'll be posting some pictures of the Melbourne Aquarium. Do stay tuned! :)