Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 07, 2014

From City to Sea...featuring Koko Black



So let's start off this post with some chocolate-related stuff...in the previous post I ended off with some Koko Black pictures. In this post - more Koko Black pics will follow!

Imagine how happy I was, when I learnt that Koko Black opened in the CBD! If I'm not mistaken, it opened in early July, but I only managed to make a trip down there sometime in late July (or was it early August?)...either way, I skipped lunch on that day so that I could just fill myself up with chocolate! I've been to Koko Black in Melbourne and in Claremont - but this branch was the most convenient for me...and I have gone back a few times ever since. Claremont is easy, but not as accessible compared to this one...




Previously, I had tried the chocolate alchemy cake, and had fallen head over heels in love with it (almost instantly). So I decided to go for it again - it's by far my favourite cake in Koko Black! Ended up having a Belgian hot chocolate as well! And I like the way they do coffee art (or maybe I should call it 'chocolate art' instead!)...So anyway here we go - the food in its full glory...I usually do not take food photos unless they're displayed in a presentable manner and/or look unique enough. This time, it's the former...







Check out the sleek, shiny interior of the store area! This is situated just next to the seating area, and people can just come in and browse if they don't wanna have hot choc. The chocolates on display here looked absolutely amazing!





I was so tempted to buy chocolates, but I had other 'photo assignments' to do on the same day, so I left it for now. Besides, I already had the alchemy cake and Belgian hot chocolate, so I think more chocolate will just send me into some kind of chocolate-induced high!

I think I bought chocolate truffles from Koko Black once...and they were so amazing! I haven't had truffles for quite some time already...










Explored the new building a little more - and I really like the design and the colour coordinations! Especially the pentagonal and hexagonal light fittings...and the vibrant colour combinations. I ventured into Forever New the other day - and the lighting is just excellent for fashion shoots! Didn't buy anything - need to save up on some cash!









Another thing good about this new shopping area - beautiful murals! Here's a bit of it, with some of the Forever New advertisements in the background too! You can see a bit of Koko Black here too.

Go round the corner and the mural looks like a face! :)





I climbed to the second floor of the new building to have a look, and discovered a strategic spot for taking these pics...

When old meets new - the birdcage decorations of the new building with an old building as a backdrop...






Had a bit of a stroll around the city area to work off the chocolates. Well - it kinda worked, as I was hungry after that!







Stopped by the Harold Boas Gardens along the way - a small little suburban garden situated near Harbourtown. It's really quiet...and quite hard to find, but it is pretty nice! I didn't stay for long though, but here're some of my favourite pics from the gardens...







Can't believe I actually haven't been to Perth Arena even though it's been completed for quite some time! Since the weather was good - I decided to go to Perth Arena to have a look. I haven't been to Perth Arena for any live performances yet, but this might happen one day!

For some reason, Perth Arena looks like a mixture of patterns from Federation Square and Southbank from Melbourne...or maybe it was done deliberately. I found the colours and patterns pretty fascinating though!














So I ended up in Fremantle for the evening, and ended up watching the sunset as always :) Waves weren't too strong that day, so it was more like a chill out session for me, rather than me taking pics furiously.

And I discovered a new spot for taking pics of waves! Will be posting more on that soon!









My mates and I have been hanging out more these days - and recently we went to a small place in West Leederville for brunch. The cafe is called Piccolo's Corner, and it's this quaint little place somewhere in West Leederville. Food's really good, and the ambience is even better! I'll post pics from the cafe in the next post!