Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Chilling out...and working (my brains) out...



Here's a glimpse of what I have been up to, while counting down to the upcoming Fremantle Festival.

OK - I'm gonna use the pic above as the main reference point to start off this post. Right now - I'm juggling mainly between the "What my Students Think I Do" and "What I Actually Do" bits. I've got quite a lot of essays to mark, and at the same time I've to keep myself updated with PhD-related stuff. Quite hectic but I am coping quite well. I just need to work on my horrid sleeping habits - sleeping at 4am and waking up at 11am is just bad...





The other day, I needed a change in environment - as I had been sitting in uni and working the whole day. So I went to my favourite chocolate lounge for a feast...and ended up working there! Bought 2 big mugs of hot choc to keep me going...but that backfired when I reached home, as I fell asleep straight after reaching home! The hot choc was very worth it though. I'd definitely do it again!




The other day I was pretty stressed out, and decided that if I continued working on my stuff, I'd end up going absolutely berserk. So I decided to walk out of the office for a bit...and ended up bringing my camera and all for a short trip.

Spotted some of these beautiful roses along the way - it looks like the cold weather's helping! To be honest, it was pretty chilly that day.






Remnants of rain clouds were still evident - it had rained about five minutes before I reached the beach, and the skies weren't completely cleared up yet.





But that worked in my favour! I managed to catch a really dramatic sunset. This one is probably the second most dramatic one, after the one with wispy skies.





At one point, the sun disappeared behind this long, long cloud...so I captioned one of the pictures "Every cloud has a (golden) lining". Well it's true...and check out the orange sun rays from below the cloud!





And meanwhile, the skies were illuminated in an equally brilliant shade of orange.







The "going, going, gone" moments where the sun disappeared behind more clouds...and the sunset was over. I didn't see the sun going physically down, but I could tell where it was roughly at.






And because the brilliant orange lingered for a while more, I took more pics. So far I've seen so many different sunsets...I try my best to focus on sunsets with dramatic clouds these days. In fact I'm going to catch another one in the near future, and I bet it is going to be very different from the one I've posted here. Every sunset is different. Even those with clear skies....





It was time for some dramatic waves after that! And this time I timed it well - I came when the waves were actually strong, and so I had some fun with long exposure pics. Like sunsets, every long exposure pic will turn out differently. The patterns, textures and all can vary so much, depending on how the waves hit the shore. And that's why it is always so fascinating. This time, the texture was rougher due to the foam, but it added some drama anyway.

Speaking of which, I did get splashed involuntarily - a second time. No joke! Fortunately, this time I wasn't drenched from head to toe. Looks like I need to find a new spot!













Remnants of a dramatic sunset. The clouds were starting to clear already...and the next day, we ended up with a sunny day!







Just before leaving the beach - the white dot in the pics is actually the moon. It was very bright.





Dropped by Cicerello's for some prawn pasta...and it was so good! I intend to cook some prawn pasta (or seafood pasta) sometime this week...




The next day I went to Cohunu Koala Park in Byford...and I managed to get some pics of a mother and baby, cuddling! They were so adorable - and they actually did not pose for these pics...I was lucky as they were facing me. The last pic makes my heart melt - the baby was nuzzling his mum and it was so cute!






Ending this post with a pic of the programme from a concert I attended. Beethoven's "Emperor" concerto is my favourite concerto of all time, and when I saw it, I just HAD to buy a ticket for it! I really love Beethoven, and of course, I was excited as this was my first classical concert in ages...!! I felt as if I was back in Melbourne, attending concerts regularly. When I get my new car next year, I will attend more concerts, I swear. I need to continue immersing myself in this lovely culture...




And I guess that's it for now! I'll post more soon! Hopefully I'll be able to go to a new place sometime soon!