Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 27, 2014

Crazy Chocolate Cravings (plus some hard partying)

So what have I been up to? Well - the weather's been so erratic recently, so honestly I can't really make concrete plans. However, I did manage to have lots of good food over the weekend. And I spotted a rainbow too! Rainbows make me happy :)





Can't believe a semester just flew by like that! I guess it ain't as obvious as a PhD student - but for those who are doing coursework, I bet it must be pretty apparent for them! And it looks like everyone's starting to have exam stress...

Which means - lots of interesting food cravings are starting to surface...and a number of my mates have strong chocolate cravings. I recently had my THIRD round of chocolate fondue - along with two mates of mine...the fondue was as heavenly as always, and tasted exactly the same as what I had previously. This time, however, I decided to go for a small cup of hot choc, rather than the usual mug I have...












Another mate of mine was craving for Korean food - and so we had some in Fremantle, the day before the fondue feast...but after Korean food, she revealed that she was craving for chocolate as well!





So we ended up having more food! We decided to have hot choc, and shared a chocolate cake too! Went to my favourite chocolate lounge of all time - Theobroma. My mate is also a massive Theobroma fan - thanks to me. And as I'm typing this, she is currently ranting about how strong her Theobroma cravings are! Gosh - it's only been two days!





And that essentially meant that I drank lots of hot choc for two days in a row! This ain't a record-breaking feat though - when I was in France I had way more hot choc...and when I go to Switzerland at the end of the year, I intend to go for a 10-day "streak" - at least one cup of hot choc PER DAY for the whole trip!

We had some time left, so we went to chill out more at Esplanade Hotel. It was my first time (and my mate's second time) to the hotel, so I spent some time taking pics of the atrium and the decorations. It was quite a classy place...
















We spotted some interesting quotes on a random car, on our way back to my mate's car - so here they are!





A day before I had Korean food and hot choc, we had a major party in uni - to celebrate the end of semester. I had just gone through a really, really rough time with my PhD, and by the end of the week, I was so tempted to toss everything aside and just relax. When one of my students mentioned about the party, I thought it was a great idea for me to just chill out and have fun - and so I bought a ticket for the party. It turned out to be so much fun! Met up with some of my colleagues, mates and students - and we all ended up partying the night away! :)

I didn't really bother to dress up - just went with a simple top with a lacy flower motif, jeans, berry-red lip colour, beach-themed accessories and beachy waves (created by overnight braids and scrunched further with some styling wax). No effort at all! And everything remained intact even by the end of the party. The dance floor was the best part of all! Check out the lighting and all! And I love Somersby apple cider so much!








Ending this post with some musical-themed chocolates I spotted in Theobroma, after the fondue feast. They were so adorable! I wanted to buy them, but just couldn't bear to eat them! So I took a pic instead.




In case you were wondering, all these images were taken using my phone camera! Pretty decent!