Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

RIP Mr. Lee Kuan Yew




Received news early this morning about the passing of Mr Lee Kuan Yew, the First Prime Minister of Singapore and one of the founding fathers of Singapore.

Mr Lee has been a prominent figure in Singaporean politics for years, and has certainly contributed a lot to Singapore - turning it from a 3rd-world country to a bustling metropolis, with low crime rates, low unemployment rates, world-class education and one of the most booming, developed economies in the world (amongst many, many other accolades). His valuable contributions are evident in Singapore's cityscape today, and of course, in the hustle and bustle of everyday life...

I may not be in Singapore at this time, but looking back at some of my pictures of the Singaporean cityscape and landmarks, I feel blessed. I am blessed - to be able to enjoy (amongst lots of other things) a smooth-sailing childhood, an intense but highly rewarding education system, exposure to a myriad of different cultures (food included!), and of course, the many beautiful landmarks that Singapore has. I feel blessed too - to be able to walk around the city and anywhere with a sense of security...and to be able to venture out to places like night without feeling hypervigilant. I am also thankful that there're lots of convenient locations for me to hang out in - be it food places, shopping, or even just simple chillout sessions with my friends.

Look at how far we have come...Words can't describe how significant Mr Lee's contributions are to Singapore, so I will just sum it up with some of my favourite pictures of Singapore - my home






















"I can no other answer make, but thanks and thanks" - William Shakespeare.

Thank you very much, Sir, for all that you have done for us. May you rest in peace, Sir!