Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 21, 2013

North-South Perth

Last year I did a post called "East-West Perth". This year - I'm doing a post called North-South Perth. I've essentially covered all angles...somewhat. Well - I have visited East, West and North Perth quite often, but South Perth is a place I'd like to go to visit again. 

Like the other parts of Perth, South Perth is beautiful in its own way. Especially in autumn. Check out the leaves! It's now winter but for some reason the trees haven't really lost their leaves...that gave us really good photo opportunities though! Autumn colours are pretty!

Luckily South Perth people...they get to see these every year. I wonder if it'll still be as gorgeous when I next go back. The trees will probably be bare by then.







My friend's car has a sunroof which could be opened, so instead of getting out of the car, I kinda stood on the front seat and took pictures through there.





Also spotted an individual leaf which just handed on her car.




Spot some more autumn colours near one of the residential colleges opposite the University of Western Australia!




So anyway, after enjoying the autumn colours for a while, my friends and I headed off to the University of Western Australia for a walk - more to that later!

A couple of weeks before we enjoyed the lovely autumn scenes in South Perth, I went to the famous Little Caesar's Pizzeria in Leederville, with yet another close friend of mine. I'm truly blessed to have such wonderful friends here - they are great pillars of support for me, and of course, they help me maintain my sanity as I go through this stressful, intense course.

Little Caesar's is famous for their pizzas and dessert pizzas. And their garlic bread's pretty interesting too!








Took a walk along the river after lunch, as both of us were already falling asleep from having too much food. Check out the gorgeous views! It was a really peaceful and enjoyable walk, although the weather was really cold. It's officially winter now...





The pinkish path that we walked on. There were lots of cyclists too, and we had to dodge them, as they were going pretty fast!










The trail we took also led us to the Little Boat House. I shared some pictures of the Little Boat House (in different weather conditions of course) in my previous post. Its formal name is Crawley Edge Boat Shed. We all call it the Little Boat House because it's so cute and little!








We headed to Kings Park after walking back to the car and thawing out a little. Driving through the tree-lined roads leading up to Kings Park was a really pleasant experience too - check out the view! I usually don't see many people around here. Someday I'll walk down this path to have a good look...and see where it eventually leads me to.

Speaking of Kings Park, I should go for the upcoming Wildflower Festival soon! My "compensation" for missing out on the Tesselaar Tulip Festival in Victoria.








Ended up at the War Memorial of Kings Park, where there were flowers laid around the eternal flame. Every so often, there'll be different flowers around this eternal flame. Right now the flower beds are empty, but by spring, they would have been filled with colourful flowers.







Then we ended up chilling out on the grass for a short while, and also enjoyed the view of the city from Kings Park. The sun was just beginning to set, and the skies were still clear. But it was getting colder and so we didn't stay for long. Ended up going back into the car after a couple of minutes to thaw out.







And that's it for now! I'll be posting some pictures from Fremantle Markets, Subiaco Markets and other places that my best buddy and I visited the other day. Stay tuned!