Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Kings Park Wildflower Festival Part 1

The Kings Park Wildflower Festival is back - for the whole of September! And of course, I couldn't resist and had to go, because it was something I enjoyed last year too. I think I went four times last year. Also went to different parts of Kings Park.

This time - I decided to do the same thing. But before that, I headed to my favourite chocolate lounge for some food! Tried their brownie (flooded with chocolate sauce) and it was beautiful! I also like how they did beautiful coffee art in the hot choc I ordered. 







Walked around the old Perth Technical School for a bit, to let some of the food digest...and also while waiting for the bus to get to Kings Park.









Finally got onto the bus, and managed to capture this shot of the city just as the bus was going up the hill.




And I finally reached the flowers! Decided to try something new - shooting flowers from the ground, upwards. I actually like how it looks! I had to find spots where there were no tall trees though, so that I could get the skies into the picture. Other than that...it was fun!









A random yet cool discovery - found this cute little mushroom growing amongst the flowers! Must be because of the rain. Some ladies were pointing to this mushroom, so I went over and took some pics of it.




And the photo-taking spree began! Started wandering around Kings Park finding nice-looking flowers!

First up - macro! I haven't touched my telephoto lens for quite a long time...and when I went to Kings Park, I finally had the chance to do so! So this was one of the first few pics I took.




These flowers were one of the first few I took pics of. Apparently these were really common around the park. I found them almost everywhere! They came mostly in white and pink, with either black or yellow centres. I touched the petals, and they felt like paper!

I've got more pics of these flowers from last year's Wildflower Festival - this year I didn't really focus on these. I focused more on the smaller flowers this time.









Spotted these gorgeous yellow flowers too - and couldn't resist but take a couple of pics of them!





Decided to move on to more pastel colours...since I already had some pics of bright-coloured flowers.

Check out this gorgeous one here - it looks like five hearts joined into one flower!




This was also a pretty cool one - something I'd probably not see in Singapore.




Some of the smaller flowers - they were pretty hard to photograph when the winds were blowing, but when the air was still, I immediately took the opportunity to take pics of them...and ended up with lots of pics! Great things come in small packages!












There were some flowers growing in bunches...and I particularly liked the ones which grew in a round cluster. Really amazing!






The flowers in Kings Park were arranged pretty strategically - flowers of different colours were placed together but the colours matched really well.

Here we are - with some cooler colours - mainly blue and purple.












Wanted to cover as many flower varieties as possible, so when I spotted these small cute flowers, I practically went nuts and spent quite a lot of time trying to get good pics of them. It was starting to get cold, so this was my last batch of flowers.












I was really, really lucky that day. It was supposed to rain according to the forecast, but it ended up being cloudy instead, with the sun coming out every now and then. And the best part - it was generally warm! So I had lots of time to take good pics, and I stayed till about 5pm when it started to get cold.

It rained the next day, but by then, my "mission" was already accomplished! 

I'll be posting more pics of Kings Park in the next post! Do stay tuned!