Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pasta Addiction! and some wildflowers



I've been ranting and raving about how I'd really like to go to Pasta Addiction Cafe in Fremantle...since early last year! (in case you were wondering...the pic above WAS taken last year when I passed the Cafe during one of my photo-taking trips!).

Anyway I finally got the opportunity to explore Pasta Addiction Cafe on one (not-so-fine) day during my uni's scheduled one-week break. Why not-so-fine? Well - check out the dense rain clouds below. I took the pic straight after I got rained ON. And just before I hopped onto the bus. The rain was so heavy that even my umbrella failed to keep me dry. My boots were literally waterlogged and I had to give my jeans a very thorough wash.




Anyway...enough of the rain. Hopped onto the bus soaking wet, and thinking that it'll be pretty crappy for the rest of the day. But I was determined to go to Pasta Addiction Cafe!

I was quite fortunate as the rain had stopped...when I reached Fremantle. Stopped by at The Record Finder for a look, and bought a few movie magazines. And guess what - I spotted Maestro Herbert von Karajan's magnum opus! My favourite conductor of all time - conducting my favourite orchestra (Berlin Philharmonic)! And best of all - all 9 Beethoven symphonies on VINYL.

Well - I couldn't afford it, and I don't actually have a vinyl record player (sadly), so I couldn't purchase it. But that didn't mean I couldn't take pics of it! I actually have the same recording on CD.






After around 5 minutes, I finally reached my destination!






Pasta Addiction Cafe is a tiny cafe tucked away at the corner of Mouat and Phillimore Streets, Fremantle. It was established sometime in 2000 or 2001 if I'm not wrong, and it serves handmade pasta with a variety of sauces. There's just so many choices on the menu! And the interior is bright, happy and cosy.

I chose to sit inside as it was pretty chilly outside despite the sun.




Ordered a bowl of pasta and some garlic bread...as I was totally famished!

And when the food came...I couldn't resist but take some pics of them, before digging in. The pasta was absolutely beautiful, but the garlic bread was HEAVENLY. I mentioned in the previous post that I found the best chilli mussels in town. Now I can gladly say that I found the best garlic bread in town too!

The best garlic bread ever - right here at Pasta Addiction Cafe.





I should also mention - the pasta is definitely one of the best I've ever tasted too.





Dessert? Well - I'm a really predictable person! Dessert was obviously at Theobroma Chocolate Lounge. Ordered a mug of hot choc as I was still hungry. Seriously the cold DOES have an effect on my appetite! I eat frighteningly large amounts and still end up staying the same size!






Recently downloaded an app on my phone which allowed me to make these collages, so here we go! A summary of my Pasta Addiction Cafe adventure. Mission accomplished!

I'll definitely go to Pasta Addiction Cafe again! Got to find the right time and the right opportunity to go though - it's open only on weekdays. I really envy those Notre Dame Uni people. Lots of them flock to this cafe - it's just next to one of their buildings! Gosh!






I've been hooked to Instagram lately (which explains why my pics of the rain clouds and record store above are square-shaped and have filters on them!). And it's kinda interesting how I procrastinated and didn't download Instagram despite my friends' incessant "nagging". Well - when I downloaded it, there was no turning back. I was addicted!

We've got lots and lots of wildflowers blooming around the suburbs lately - maybe it's because of the wet weather at the end of August. Anyway since it's September, it's springtime! And check out the gorgeous flowers blooming around my area!

The other day I went downstairs (below my block) for a walk, and discovered a WHOLE FIELD of yellow flowers. Went totally nuts of course!




While we're still on the topic of wildflowers - here's a sneak peek of what I'll be up to for at least 2 weeks. The Wildflower Festival has officially commenced in Kings Park...and that's where I'll probably be for at least 2 more weekends! Looking forward to going back to Kings Park again for more pics!












And even though I'll be in Kings Park pretty often (at least for this month!), I've not forgotten about my favourite place ever - Fremantle. So - I'm ending off this post with a pic of a colourful piano in Fremantle Markets. Although it's out of tune now, it's still pretty fun to play. I'm definitely going to book a time to play this piano someday. 



And I guess that's it for now! Do stay tuned for my next post!