Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Once a chocoholic, always a chocoholic




Just refer to the two pictures above and you'll get the general idea of what this post is about! :)

Anyway - over the past couple of months or so, I've been going for hot chocolate and various chocolate feasts pretty regularly! And you'd probably guess that I'm a crazy chocoholic who can't live without chocolate! I've always been like this...since the age of 5 (no kidding!). FYI - the "Chocolate Fixes Everything" pic is actually a cartoon on a T-shirt that I wear often...and the second pic below it was taken when one of my mates found that I left a box of chocolates behind in her fridge, and she came up to return it to me...Right - enough of the rambling. Let's get down to some food (oops I mean chocolate) photos! Disclaimer - it's gonna cause LOTS of hunger and drooling.

Fondue...fondue!!

So recently I purchased a Groupon voucher for Theobroma Chocolate Lounge (my favourite chocolate place!) - and this awesome voucher allowed me to get fondue for two, plus two hot chocolates in mugs! Obviously I couldn't finish the whole thing...so I got my friend to come along with me! We split the fondue dish into half and she took one mug of hot choc, while I took the other mug. And we had such a nice time! Of course - I had to take pics - and decided to compile 'em into two collages below:





The "mandatory" close-ups - simply because the lighting was actually decent...and also because I needed some pics to construct those collages above :) In the end I decided to alter the original colour of the photos when constructing those collages...these photos, however, aren't photoshopped or touched up in any ways...












Fruits were fresh and went well with the milk chocolate fondue...and we felt so full after finishing it all! Oh - nearly forgot - here're a couple of pics of the fondue in its full glory, plus the fondue and the two mugs of hot chocolate...





The chocolate fondue trip was probably one of the best trips I've had so far! So glad I bought the Groupon voucher and had such excellent company! Hopefully more of these vouchers are made available...

TCC

Anyway moving on to another chocolate trip - a smaller one though. Now - I went back to Singapore for the Easter and Anzac weekends (was away for a total of 10 days!)...and the main concern I had was that I'd be chocolate deprived, as I am not as proactive in searching for chocolate spots in Singapore! I wasn't chocolate deprived in the end - as I found out that TCC (The Connoisseur Concerto) in Singapore does serve awesome chocolate cakes! It also happened to be Easter Sunday that day - so guess what - my chocolate cake got decorated to look like a cute Easter bunny! Check this out!





Koko Black

Koko Black has been one of my favourite chocolate places - and I go there quite often when in Melbourne (because it is so easy to get to!). In Perth, however, I actually didn't go to the Claremont branch...until maybe about a month ago, when a mate of mine mentioned that she wanted to go. So we went together...and there we go - my first time to the Koko Black branch in Perth!




I remembered that day being cold, wet and gloomy, and we were all wanting to stay indoors...we had had dinner, and were intending to have some more food as all of us were still hungry. So we went to Koko Black for an excellent chocolate-themed dessert! Here we go - yet another photo-collage of what I had...




I initially thought the chocolate bar on top of the cake was a solid one, and was quite concerned about how I was going to gobble it down. Turned out that it was hollow! How cool is this? I thoroughly enjoyed the cake of course...and the hot chocolate that went with it. Belgian Hot Chocolate is ALWAYS awesome!







My mate ordered this caramel dish - and it was really sweet but gorgeous!




Some pics of the exterior before we went for a walk to burn off the calories...





One of the hotels in Claremont had a music-themed bar - and I spotted these musical signs on the railings! Of course I had to take pics of 'em! Now these really made my day...apart from the hot choc of course! By the way - this was also where we had our dinner.






The beautiful (yet ancient-looking) Claremont station...just before we boarded the train...




More Theobroma snapshots...

The Theobroma Chocolate Lounge in Fremantle is the place I frequent most - when I'm in Perth. Every month, I go for a group seminar in the city, and when coming back from there, I'd always deliberately take the train to Fremantle...for dinner. And obviously I'd drop by Theobroma Chocolate Lounge for desserts! Sometimes I'd have dinner at Theobroma as they serve really good main courses too! So here we go!

I like having a cup of hot choc by my side when doing work. And that's what I am having right now :)






Ending off this post with a quote I found in Fremantle...




Soon I'll be posting pictures from Dijon and Paris! I can't wait to head off to France for conference!