Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 02, 2010

Before I start, this post is dedicated to Granny, who left for Heaven on 2 April 2006. I miss her heaps, especially the awkward moments where I didn't understand her Hokkien and she didn't understand my English, the moments where we watched TV and laughed treacherously at the slightest thing, the moments where she brought me to kindy when I was very young, and of course, the moments where she brought me up.........the list goes on and on.

So yeah, I'm dedicating this post to my smiley, fun-loving and awesome Granny, who'll always be laughing down from the heavens above and spreading her happiness to us...

I'll always miss you, Granny...

These photos were taken about a week before I left for Melbourne - we actually planned an early birthday celebration for my mum's supervisor, as his birthday was a day before I left. The restaurant we went to (Halia) was really posh, and really near the Chopin sculpture I mentioned before.

So yeah...

This flower was taken outside the restaurant, and it sort of resembles the logo of the restaurant - as shown in the picture below the flower...the ambience is really awesome coz of the quietness of the gardens surrounding it...




And of course, alcohol is involved. But this is good alcohol.....!!!! In fact, it's one of the best wines I've ever tasted.


Buns as appetisers. I kept asking for buns (4 in total) coz they were just so fresh and fluffy. And I ordered mushroom soup to go with it:



Dad had seafood as usual - he's a pretty big fan of seafood, like Italian Zuppa - tomato soup with mussels and clams. It's pretty good, actually...



I reckon this is my brother's main course. The portions aren't big, but it's enough to fill our stomachs.



I reckon this is mum's supervisor's main course...



And this is mine. I happened to be craving for rice (again) that day, although I've been having rice everyday at home. Somehow I just cannot live without rice. So yeah, I had a fish and mushroom set - which came with Japanese rice:




And of course, desserts. This one here looks extremely sweet......I wonder if the person had a sugar rush after that...



And this is mine. It took about 15 minutes to prepare, but it was definitely worth the wait. Especially the chocolate thingy filled with hot, melted chocolate. So good!!!!!!



Mum ordered the same dessert for her supervisor - except that it had better finishing touches, and of course, a birthday greeting...written in chocolate. Eventually we licked the chocolate up, leaving the word "Happy" on the plate....




And on that note...I'd better go for dinner now. Uploading these photos has made me very, very, very hungry...
And once again, I miss you, Granny!!!!

Stay tuned for the next post!