Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 28, 2010


It's been about a month since I returned to Melbourne. So far the temperature has been going up and down, but someone somehow made a random snowman outside one of my neighbour's door...it's cute though...but I wonder how my neighbour reacted upon seeing it.

Back to what I'm supposed to muse about today:

We had Yum Cha (literally meaning "drink tea", though it's something like brunch) at Shark Fin Restaurant down in Chinatown yesterday. It was supposedly expensive, but we had heaps of subsidies. So we ended up paying about $2. Nevertheless, we had many awesome dishes...of which 4 are shown below. I think we ordered about 20 over dishes on our table - the dishes were small though. Here goes:

Dumplings. It's been so long since I had dumplings. And these were really, really good.....




I think this is one of the buns with custard and egg yolk fillings in it. I didn't really get to try it, but I reckon it's really good.



Char siew bao - buns filled with pork. They're pretty good, though I didn't get to eat them.



I'd really like to go back for another round of yum cha. The food tastes so good, and we can eat as much as we want...

Oh yes, on a side note............

I've not been to Williamstown Beach for quite a while. Perhaps schoolwork is going to grant me the status of "no-life": doing nothing except study, sleep, eat and play piano. An absolute quotidian lifestyle. Hopefully I would be able to go there during the Easter break...



Oh, and not to mention, pictures from supper after Sidney Myer:




That's about all, folks! Gosh, I should be getting to sleep! Till then, goodnight and stay tuned for the next post!