Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 13, 2010



It has been really pleasant these days. Sun's shining, hardly a cloud in the sky, warm temperatures....it's really a far cry from the freak weather conditions we experienced last week. The pictures above show the contrast between last week (bottom pic) and this week (top pic). It's so fascinating - Melbourne is really unpredictable, and there's absolutely nothing we can do, except to stay prepared.

Anyways, back to what I wanted to talk about: a not-so-big mushroom bloom in a toilet. It sounds pretty weird to see mushrooms growing in the toilet, but I'm not surprised coz of the moist conditions inside. But mushrooms growing in the toilet might indicate that the toilet isn't really clean. It was interesting though.

According to my friend, she saw brown spots poking out from a crack in the tiles. When she came back the next day, she saw that these brown spots were actually mushrooms. She told me about it, and I came, armed with a camera of course:




And this truly proves that Melbourne is a really unpredictable place. I guess the freak thunderstorm raised the humidity levels by a notch, and since the bathroom was already humid, the mushrooms were more than happy to grow. And voila! A tiny mushroom bloom!

Another picture taken a few days after this mushroom bloom:

This red-and-gold tiger is Weiwei, a Chinese New Year present from my teacher. I got him around late January, and he's been a really good companion. And here he is, sitting on my new tiger mini-poster. He looks really adorable, posing with the tiger cub in the poster.



This post isn't too long, as I'm merely taking a short break from studying...before my brain explodes, that is.

The next post would be about words in the sky. I saw a marriage proposal in the sky last year (and I still have the pictures for that!). This year, it's something totally different, yet absolutely fascinating and ingenious. Stay tuned!