Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 25, 2010


I've been spending quite a fair bit of time practicing piano - this semester there's lots of scales, arpeggios and technical work, as well as one of Bach's prelude and fugue (I'm doing G major from book 2). Next semester's gonna be more exciting though, and I'm planning to play lots of extra pieces for next semester's repertoire.

Gosh, it's already week 12 of the semester!!! And its getting colder and colder each day! On a positive sight though, this year's autumn is really, really beautiful compared to last year's. Last year's was brownish and that was about it. This year - the leaves actually turned into distinct hues of orange, red, yellow and so on. And rainy days actually accentuate the colour even more.

I've got lots and lots and lots of photos, so I'll be dividing them into 2 posts:

Autumn colours at uni (near Wilson Hall). I just happened to be walking out of the quadrangle when I saw this, so yeah, out comes the handphone camera...






This was taken on my way to zoology prac. The building is part of the Land and Food Resources faculty, I reckon. Now this area is simply flooded with leaves, leaves and more leaves. The leaves just go "crunch" when we walk across the pavement...and there seems to be more and more each day.


Maples outside the Old Arts building in uni. I took this when I was going for psychology lecture.



I took a de-tour the other day and found this entire wall of bright red leaves. And of course, a spider with a really well-spun web amongst these...




More autumn colours outside uni (near my college). These trees shed their leaves pretty fast though, and they were one of the first few to go bare...



And this is what I enjoy looking at everyday, when I walk back from uni! An entire tree of bright red leaves, with some orange leaves in between!!! Outside the sports centre, near the track. I think there're 3 of them, but only one has turned completely red/orange. The others are still turning slowly (but steadily).


I had to zoom in specially for this shot, coz I only happened to see it on my way to uni today. Of course, the picture quality isn't too good with a handphone camera, but yeah, even the leaves in the various households are changing colour. I took quite a number of shots today, but will be sharing more pictures in the next post. It's really, really beautiful...

Oh, and of course - Trinity College, the college I usually cut through when walking to uni...



And to conclude: The vertebra of a macaque monkey, strung together in a "necklace" - during our zoology prac last week.




Well, I guess that's about all!! Thanks heaps for viewing, and do stay tuned for the next post! :)