Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 08, 2010



The picture above was taken around last month, when I was passing by the pet shop. These 8-week-old kitten sisters were really, really close - when they were separated from each other, the one in the enclosure kept meowing and trying to get out, and when her sister was returned to the enclosure, the 2 of them snuggled up and rubbed against each other...NAWWWW....

I reckon (and hope) that the kittens were sold together - they were on sale when I passed by the shop. I can't imagine them being separated from each other, coz they were really close, despite their frequent play-fighting. Oh, and not to mention, they had beautiful eyes too. They were really, really active though, and it was pretty hard getting a good shot of them.

I did pass the pet shop about once or twice again, and managed to capture more pictures. They had 12 kittens today, I think, but these kittens were really, really playful. And they had little fluffy puppies and 2 Jack Russell Terriers in the neighbouring enclosures...I'll post some pictures in a later post.

For now, I'd like to share some Yum Cha pictures from Oriental Tea House. Yes, food photos again, but these were meant to be shared ages ago...blame it on my hectic schedule - tests and assignments due, heaps of piano practice (which I enjoy of course!)...

The very first clear soup I had in months: wonton soup. It was really delicious but tasted slightly different from the wonton soup I have at home. Probably because of the ingredients...Chinese food in Australia tend to taste differently...




We then ordered a few dishes following the soup, as shown below:
1. Dumplings (I think these had chives and pork in it)
2. Siew Mai (another type of dumplings)
3. Xiao Long Bao (or Shanghai dumplings as the restaurant describes it)
4. Unwrapped sticky rice - it was absolutely gorgeous...






Dessert was also really good, especially the chocolate-filled pastries with the ice cream, and the heart-shaped mango pudding. Oh, and not to mention, we had really good tea too...




We actually found this lamp studded with mahjong tiles in the restroom too...



Last but not least, the tea-tasting station right at the entrance. I had ginger and lemongrass tea that day, and we actually went round tasting the different types of tea (and nearly bought some!). Each station had a description of what the tea represents and the ingredients they put in - for example, there was raspberry-tasting tea, and pu-er tea of course...



And that concludes the Yum Cha adventure! I reckon it was about 2 or 3 weeks ago? Before both my neighbour and I had heaps of assignments to do...It was a really good lunch though it was costly.

Thanks heaps for viewing and do stay tuned for the next post!!! :D