Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 05, 2010


Had an awesome day at Sentosa today! Although there were lots and lots (and lots and lots and lots) of people, and the Universal Studio tickets were sold out promptly, I still managed to practice using my 2 new lens - a 11-18mm wide-angle lens and a 70-300mm telephoto lens. Combining my 3 lens: 11-18mm (wide-angle), 18-55 (standard) and 70-300mm was awesome!!!

Anyway here are the pictures below. This is going to be a really image-heavy post:

Reached the beach and started drawing stuff in the sand - coz I saw 2 Japanese tourists drawing hearts in the sand. The Japanese tourists eventually saw it and they ended up taking pictures of my sand drawings! :D




After hanging around in the beach for a while...

Oscar the mascot! I kinda like his 2 front teeth...



And then I headed to the Dragon Trail (a long and colourful water feature) near the Merlion - and this was where the fun really started - with the changing of lens of course.

Closeup of some of the sculptures:




One of the patterns at the start...



A snapshot of a fish's mouth (which promptly reminded me of zoology for some reason) and an orange fish buried in sand...




I've not photographed children at play for a very very long time. This is probably the 2nd time I've done it, ever since I started photography... :P And the telephoto lens really came in handy! I should do more pics of children at play in the near future!!






More detailed shots of the water feature...




And at that point in time, my camera battery pack went flat! So...I had to switch to the handphone camera.....

Shots of Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) on the monorail back to Vivocity. I went there in January but it wasn't fully opened yet. Now, it's just full of people...I should go there again someday...maybe at the end of the year...or later on...




My lunch: Garlic bread+2 mini eclairs+hot chocolate (of course!) from Delifrance. Gosh, I haven't eaten stuff from Delifrance for a long time!




A sculpture near the massive Merlion...



More pictures of the Dragon Trail...taken straightaway after my dSLR went flat...








And...oh yes! I found this yesterday and took a picture of the article while browsing through the newspapers (I think it's sometime around late May or early June)! Naaaaawwwwwwwwwwww..........such an adorable lil' kitty!!!! :D



That's about it for now, folks!! :D Thanks for bearing with such a heavy post!! :D

Once more...I LOVE MY 3 CAMERA LENS HEAPS!! :D