Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 07, 2010

I can't believe it's week 9 of the semester already! Exam timetable's (mostly) out, and now all I've to do is summarise notes, prepare assignments for submission etc...it's much more relaxed than the first half of the semester - the first half had 3 massive performances, even more lectures and even more assignments due. Hopefully the assignments will die down even more.

Anyways here's part 1 of the Tulip Festival Picture Collection:

There were lots of families (and lots of children of course) roaming around in the main tulip fields. And of course, lots of people taking pictures.

Some kids were actually trying to pick the tulips outside the main field...



While other people preferred to bring their dogs for a walk. I actually played with the white doggy in the picture and she was super friendly. She nearly jumped on me and covered me with mud though. I can't remember her name, but it was definitely something adorable to suit her adorable personality.



One of my very first shots - someone trying to pick tulips from the main field. It was really bright and sunny at that time, but the clouds came in later on.



A professional photographer in action! At that point in time, I was thinking, "Hahahaha, telephoto lens are so awesome!" He had a Nikon D200 or something hanging on his right shoulder, and another dSLR which he used to take the tulip pictures! What an aficionado!



Ah yes, and amongst the tulips, there were a number of sculptures - which kids climbed on of course...



While other kids frolicked and ran along the mini-pathways...




Attempted to pick tulips...



Had conversations...



Looked at signboards...



And picked more tulips of course...!!





While the adults took pictures of the flowers...



Brought their children for a walk around the gorgeous surroundings...



And took pictures of their children. This mum had 2 kids with her - the girl was pretty cooperative and smiled willingly for the camera, while the younger kid was more reluctant, and his mum had to persuade him to look into the camera.




Oh, and some people were even doing photoshoots amongst the flowers!



The same white dog I mentioned earlier, with her owners. She stayed in the main fields for quite a while, and I remembered seeing her even when I was leaving.



More kids attempting to cross the tulip rows...some failed very miserably, while others were more successful. I could see heaps of trampled tulips along the way...

2 not-so-successful children...



And one girl who somehow managed to make it across!



And near this girl, there was a young guy trying to take a picture of the tulips, and his girlfriend I presume...



Some random girl who seemed to be scared of something...



And boys who refused to leave despite their mothers' incessant warnings...




Oh, and this was probably one of the last few pictures I took. I love the face paint, though I wish she was looking directly into my camera. Oh well, this could be a candid shot then!



And that summarises what people typically do amongst the tulips in the main field! Of course, there were even more activities going on outside the main field, but I sort of decided to focus on the main field as it was just so gorgeous. :)

Anyways part 2 of this massive collection would be up soon! :)