Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Tesselaar Tulip Fest part 1

It's around 1am as I type these words...which means I'm going home TOMORROW!!! Back to Singapore for yummy delights, and mum's gonna make CURRY!!

Anyway I've got 1 more piano exam to go before I leave. I miss piano lessons already. :( Hope to continue playing hardcore piano even after I graduate.

Ok I'm pretty backdated here - but these are pictures from the Tesselaar Tulip Fest 2011. I went in the earlier part of the fest (SEPTEMBER!!!), and it was really, really gorgeous - in fact, as gorgeous as it was in 2010. Hope to go again next year - and that will make it 3 years in the row!

On the Metro train to Lilydale - going through the outer suburbs of Melbourne, which was getting less densely populated as we headed away from the city.



Fest was in Silvan (a town outside Melbourne), and we had shuttle bus tickets to and from the event itself.



Made a quick trip to the bathroom straight after arriving, and then went off to take pictures of course! The first few pictures were taken mainly at the events area - away from the main fields.








And guess what? One of the main features on that day was a Fairy area - with MUSHROOMS! I LOVE MUSHROOMS AND FAIRIES!!! And gnomes and elves and....the list gets longer...








One of the smaller tulip areas, near the childrens' play area, and near the awesome Fairy area.






Tents were also set up for food, souvenirs and other events, such as live performances.

Had great beef curry for lunch too!!!








And this is the entrance to the main field!




Every now and then there was a tractor from Rayner's Stonefruit Orchard, giving rides around the main fields. There was also a tent from Rayner's, selling jam, sauce and so on. I tasted the cajun chutney and it was SOOOOOO GOOD!!! So I got a bottle (which I'm currently savouring), BUT ate a few more pieces of bread with the chutney. :) Mmmmm...addictive!!

Actually the chutney went well with BOTH bread and rice!



I shall reserve the remaining pictures of the main fields for part 2.

Meanwhile, I went to see Aggie the college cat yesterday, and she was looking as good as ever! Here're some of her vain shots...I'm gonna miss her when I leave!

That's the problem with being an international student I guess - being "stranded" in the middle of nowhere - missing Melbourne when I'm in Singapore and missing Singapore when I'm in Melbourne. Gosh...pretty confusing huh?








Will post pictures for part 2 of the fest soon!