Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

YUM CHA!!

Spotted a big dog kissing his smaller counterpart last Sunday...pretty cute!



These were taken at St Kilda Beach where I went (as an unofficial photographer) for Steph's fun run - From City to Sea. Will put up the pictures of the event soon!






Ok - 2 papers down, 2 more to go. The first paper was ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!! I didn't even get to finish it! The second on was the polar opposite of the first - AWESOME! Well - I finished it a split second before the examiner said "Time's up!", and managed to write almost everything I intended to write.

So - to celebrate, and as an early birthday celebration for Steph, we went down to the city for Yum Cha. I didn't really have pictures of Yum Cha as I was just so hungry after the exam. And that hunger caused my memory to fail too - I made a mistake and left the tram stop without Steph, when she actually told me to meet her at the tram stop, less than 5 minutes ago. Oh gosh, my memory IS becoming shady now...

Myer - along Bourke St., was already well-prepared for Christmas - with its window decorations, with a remixed version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". There were 6 windows in total, and each one had the same header.



These were the decorations from the various shop windows. Mostly elf/pixie-themed, with music, movements and so on. There were also figurines of people from all over the world - signifying the celebration of Christmas regardless of race, language or religion.























Oh and not to mention, there were 2 (or 3) giant Santas as part of the decorations! Mobile of course, and looking really cheerful!

It really brings out the Christmas spirit.

Opposite Myer, the shopping arcade (where we had hot chocolate) was also well-decorated with Christmas lights and a Christmas tree.




And I did have fun taking pictures of the baubles!



Koko Black was equally awesome - had nice hot chocolate but was soooooooooo full after that!





And this was Steph's dessert for the day.



Oh and side note - the Yum Cha trip pictures were taken by my N78 (handphone). :) 3 years and still functioning optimally!