Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Weekend @ Warragul

Caught Aggie being a laid-back cat (as usual) in the kitchen garden. She's still shedding her winter coat but is still soft, fluffy and friendly as always. Hope she's staying dry during this thunderstorm! I caught her lying out in the rain once and she seemed ok with it, but I felt so sorry for her. Gosh, hope she finds shelter somewhere!





2 more days to my first exam and my hand's extremely cramped from writing so much! So I decided to drop by and update this space before things get busy again.

Last weekend, we went to Warragul to chill out for a night, and for my belated birthday celebration. V/Line wasn't very crowded that day, and it was really nice and sunny. Funny thing is - the past few days have been really rainy and as I'm typing these, there's some kind of tempest outside...it's been raining continuously for the past hour or so.

Anyways back to our topic here. We stopped by in a nearby town - Yarragon, for lunch. Yarragon's really peaceful, and tourist-y.

And the spring flowers were blooming!




Lunch at one of the tea rooms was AWESOME! I had garlic bread and a beef/mushroom pie. And some ginger tea.




Here's Phoebe, the Ice Princess. She belongs to Steph's nanna, and she's a Birman - was also told she's lilac point, though she's a little more grey than purple. Her fur's really soft and delicate and really nice to touch, and her eyes are sapphire blue. She's usually very shy (and antisocial), but for some reason she allowed me to take pictures of her. So here we go - lots of pictures of her! She even posed willingly...

Her Royal Highness the Ice Princess then left her hiding spot (which was uncovered by me) and hid somewhere else. She's so shy that she always hides till everyone else has gone, before appearing.










When we got back to Steph's place, we had some nibbles before our awesome BBQ dinner, cooked specially by Steph's dad. He's really awesome at cooking - his steak and kebabs are always just right, and not to mention, Steph's mum is equally good at cooking!

I think I finished more than half the bowl of peanuts...




And while waiting for the food to be marinated/prepared, I took pictures of the roses. Some of them were absolutely massive! But absolutely gorgeous.







BBQ dinner, consisting mostly of kebabs and steak wrapped with bacon. The bacon wasn't even fatty - it was lean, tender and healthy.



One of the 3 salad dishes prepared...



And a whole platter of fruits!





To top it off, we also had red wine and champagne.



And I got my gifts shortly after! I'm so thankful to all of them - Steph and Weina (the 2 buddies who came down with me), Steph's parents and Steph's nanna for giving me such gorgeous gifts! Especially the Joan Sutherland book from Steph's parents - that was absolutely amazing!





Steph's nanna definitely reminds me of my own grandma (maternal grandma). She's outspoken, open-minded, friendly and just gorgeous. And not to mention she's an awesome cook too!

Anyways I've got to get back to studying. It doesn't seem like a good idea to play piano with a sore hand...GRRRR...damn...