Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 09, 2012

Perth International Festival 2012

Went to the Fremantle Street Arts Festival over the weekend! It was totally amazing! And of course, I was kinda reminded of some of the movie characters I encountered...

This guy reminded me of "Once Upon a Time in America"...and I dunno why.



And this acrobatic guy from Byron Bay reminded me of Cosmo from "Singin' in the Rain"! It's just his face and his physique, I guess. Cosmo also had bright blue eyes, and that was what this guy had!



I'll put up the pictures from the Fremantle festival soon! Here's the final installment - and the main entry - for the Perth International Festival 2012, before I move on to our next series!

The festival kicked off with a city challenge, where people had to search for clues and carry out a series of tasks in pairs, while dressed up to a certain theme. And of course, one of the teams eventually emerged as a winner.

Here are some competitors attempting to move to their next destination...



Not too far away, people were chilling out and hyping themselves up for the festival. And of course, it happened to be St Patrick's Day, so people were dressed up in green with top hats.

Many people - young and old - were enjoying themselves that day.






There was this BBQ stall in front of the State Library, hence it was so smokey that day.

These were the main food stalls for the Festival, apart from a Moroccan food stall, Indian food stall and some others.



Definitely got a number of candid shots along the way!





I managed to enter this stall to get a picture of the food they were making...







And this was what I had for lunch! Moroccan chicken curry with cous cous! It was AMAZING!



More and more people came by as the festival progressed, and of course, there were more candid shots! Especially around the Red Bull car - of which I did an entry here.







Perth Heat was also there! And I took a picture with their mascots!





There was also a footy tent near the food area, and some children were having a go at shooting the balls through the various holes.





And of course - the performances by various artistes.

This was the second last show if I'm not wrong, and this was the same performance where a random couple just stood up and danced!




More candid shots along the way - and of course I was aiming to get some pictures of the people dressed in St Patrick's Day outfits.






Camera man filming the performance. There were quite a number of camera men around, and some of them were even giving interviews.




Switched to black-and-white for the last performance, and got a shot of a lady looking at her makeup brush. I think she was trying to tell her friends which brush she was using.



Last performance of the day. The lead singer was a tad too enthusiastic and showy...





Walked around the area and got some shots of street art, the museum, and so on. Oh, and there were some girls playing around the stage after the performances ended, so I got a picture of them too.






And that concludes the Perth International Festival 2012 series!