Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Friendship and Love (Perth International Festival)

This post is dedicated specially to my beloved grandma, whom I miss dearly. After all, she played a massive role in bringing me up. She was also an extremely happy lady, who radiated love and joy wherever she went.




And of course, this continues our Perth International Festival series.

"L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore can"
- L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole

A happy, catchy and uplifting song, this really reminds me of Noah, Lola and Janina, three gorgeous people I met during the Perth International Festival. Noah himself was really inquisitive and cheerful, and often ended up "posing" for candid shots in front of me, while Lola was one of the most gorgeous girls - and one of the best sisters ever!

Here's handsome Noah attempting to crawl up the stairs...




And he succeeded! He even gave his sister a massive hug! My heart literally melted when I saw him do this, and I did not hesitate in snapping a picture, of course!



I had set my camera to black-and-white then, and I snapped the magical moments between Janina and Lola (top picture), as well as Noah enjoying a massive kiss from Janina (bottom picture).




I'm extremely grateful to Janina, Noah and Lola for making my day! And I'm also extremely grateful for being able to snap these spontaneous, gorgeous pictures of them. :D Thank you once again, Janina, for allowing me to take pictures of your wonderful, gorgeous kids!

Much earlier in the day, I got other pictures of kids interacting with their parents, and these were some of them:





This picture really reminds me of Ma Ma (that's what I call my granny!!). The close relationship between grandma and grandson is just beyond description. It brought back so many memories of the "TV Buddy" relationship between Ma Ma and me - we used to watch Chinese dramas almost everyday during dinnertime, and of course, it was good bonding time between the two of us.



Love can be seen amongst people of all ages. Not just between mother/grandmother and their gorgeous children. I spotted this couple having a quiet moment together, amidst the festivities...



And between this old couple, who were decked out in St Patrick's attire. I've heard lots and lots of touching stories about the eternal love between couples...which reminds me of this quote:

"I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough."
Noah from "The Notebook" (2004)



Of course, love was seen amongst siblings - especially between these girls, who were skipping around the stage and enjoying themselves thoroughly. Of course, we often say that our siblings are like our friends too!




Love really transcends everyone...of all ages.

I'll end this post with a quote:
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them". - J.F. Kennedy

Thank you so much, Ma Ma, for everything and anything! I miss you and love you loads!