Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Killiney Kopitiam and Werribee South (Melbourne Day 2 Part 2 / Day 3 Part 1)

I've been hearing a lot of stuff about this place called Killiney Kopitiam in Lygon Street - which opened pretty recently, so when I was in Melbourne, I decided to drop by for a look.

As usual, took a train from Williamstown and ended up at Flinders Street Station.  The facade looked the same, but yes I was glad to see it!  Reminded me that I was in Melbourne!  In case you were wondering, the station was built in the late 1800s/early 1900s, and has been one of the busiest stations ever since.  Nearly all suburban trains go to this station.




View of Lygon Street as we were walking towards Killiney Kopitiam.  The cafe was located towards the end of the street, where the Italian restaurants were.




I was delighted when I found that Killiney Kopitiam had iced Milo and fried Hokkien prawn mee!  So yup - ordered them both!  Anyway the drinks came in cute jars like this...









Snapped some pictures of the outside and of the food precinct in Lygon Street.  This area was one of my favourite places when I was still living in Melbourne.  Right now I miss the amazing Italian food they have!





Decided to head back to college to see Aggie the college cat!  I think I was really obsessed with seeing her almost everyday when I was in Melbourne!

This time - instead of taking black-and-white pictures, I decided to use the "Landscape" mode on my camera, and the colours turned out really vibrant!  Stayed around college for a while, took pictures of Aggie and even met one of the college staff on the tram back to Williamstown!










Steph came over to stay in Williamstown after her exams, and on the next day we headed to Werribee - mainly to visit the Werribee Mansion and the Werribee Open Range Zoo.

But first, our awesome guide for the day (my good friend Uncle Bob) dropped us off at the mouth of the Werribee River.  Apparently people choose to fish in this area.





There were LOTS of pelicans that day.  And they just went about doing their own stuff.









Some people were just chilling out at the river, while others were attempting to fish.

The surroundings were pretty nice though!





Uncle Bob then drove us to another area where we could see another part of the Werribee River.  It was gorgeous!







We also drove past a number of interesting spots...

This pathway supposedly led to one of the entrances to the Werribee Mansion, but we realised that the entrance was closed for the day.  So we had to head back and go to the right entrance.




We also saw many colourful beach huts along the sea.




And of course, we drove down K road (Werribee South) on our way to the mansion, where we spotted lots and lots of market gardens.  Werribee South seems to be a good place for market gardening.  This part was one of the more isolated areas in Werribee.





We also stopped at one of the scenic lookouts on our way.  Not much, but good to get some fresh air before the trip continued.




Anyway as I type this, I'm back in Singapore!  Flight was kinda epic but not going to go into details here.  Will post pictures of the mansion very soon!