Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 07, 2012

The Swan River/David Carr Memorial Park Part 2

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!

I feel like doing what the kids are doing here - running freely - except that it'll be along the banks of the Swan River, not Hobson's Bay... :P




I've now officially finished my first semester in Honours!  Can't believe I'm already halfway through my course!  I should say - this semester has been full of interesting events, such as the Multicultural Day in uni, the Fremantle Street Arts Festival (which I covered here, here and here), the Perth International Festival (also covered in a few posts such as "Red Bull is essential for uni", "Just Dance", "Friendship and Love" and of course, the main article "Perth International Festival 2012").  These festivals probably formed the main "bulk" of my photo-taking trips.  Of course, I did more regular trips to places within the city, such as London Court, Harbourtown DFO, St Mary's Cathedral, St George's Cathedral, Hay Street......of course for some of them I went twice or more.

And the furthest place I went to (for now!) was Mandurah!  Hope to have more photo-taking sessions next semester!  Hmmm, maybe King's Park, Lake Monger and other places I haven't been to?

Anyway back to where we left off before my exams - The Swan River.  This is the 2nd part of my walk along the river, and also the last trip I embarked on before my exams.  






The cycling/walking path led to a small park along the riverbanks.  It's so far, yet so near to the city.  This park was also where I first spotted the black swans, and took lots of pictures of them.  I really enjoyed the walk - despite cyclists speeding past and not looking out for people who were walking...













I walked in the direction of this bridge - but didn't go further than that as I was not too familiar with that area.  So I looped back to the David Carr Memorial Park (more in another entry!) and back onto the same track that I started off with.

You can kinda see the bell tower in the distance...






There were quite a number of people who were sitting along the banks, and I spotted this dude trying to fish.  I wonder if he got any...





The riverbanks.  It was a very beautiful day that day - clear blue skies and sunny.  It was just ideal for us to chill out and spend the whole afternoon warming up in the sun.  And yes - lots of people were doing that!





I also took some pictures of the palm trees - one of my friends said the lone one looks like a dandelion in some ways :D  Anyway I kinda love the effect of the trees!













People were just relaxing, cycling, jogging etc., and basically enjoying the sunny weather.  Some of them were kinda acting intimate on the grass...but nah, shan't reveal too much details here! :P







I was kinda curious how the pictures would turn out in black-and-white, so I decided to try.  It's kinda cool, to be honest!  I've always loved black-and-white, but thought that it'll kill the gorgeous blue colour of the sky that day.  Turned out that it didn't really do so...









And I also shifted focus to the people who were around the park.

There's one picture of a girl who was sitting alone on a bench, just looking out into the distance.  I had this fleeting thought in my head - "Why does she look so unemotional?  Is she unhappy or something?"






Not too far away from her, there was a couple that could not stop cuddling/kissing.  They looked so in love - and pretty compatible to be honest!  I decided to take pictures of them facing the river...didn't really want to snap pictures of them kissing/cuddling!  Had to use the telephoto lens...





I was kinda reluctant to leave, so I snapped a few more shots before finally making my way to the train station.  AND missed the train...whoops!

Anyway the reward is - lots of pictures! :)  The train ride home was probably about 15 minutes anyway.







I guess that's all for now!  Will put up part 3 very soon! :)