Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Back in Perth!

And here I am - all settled into my new room, enjoying the warmth and well, printing out readings for the upcoming lecture for next week!  It's been FREEZING despite the good weather last week, and this week it has been raining like crazy.  It rained on and off today, and it just makes us so gloomy!

How about last week?  Well this is how it looked like: Blue skies, few clouds, warm (in the day only!!!)...






So my mum and I decided to take a walk to David Carr Memorial Park (remember the posts about the swan family?).  This time, there were no swans, but the park was serene and beautiful as usual.





There were lots of ducks though, and they kept coming up to us.  They didn't come very close.






Water levels were kinda higher compared to the last time I came here.  I heard it had been raining a lot (to be honest I wasn't keeping track of the weather in Perth!), but I remembered when I last came back from Melbourne, the small lakes were nearly overflowing!





Imagine cruising along the Swan River on the train and seeing this every week.  It's therapeutic!  And besides, this is one of my favourite walking trails.




Decided to venture further out towards the direction of UWA (located around the bend), but didn't go too far.  Apparently if I followed the trail long enough, I'd end up at the entrance of UWA near the famous Winthrop Hall.  I was on the bus before, and it led us in this direction.  There's even a statue further down and someone put a pink bikini onto it!  I'm gonna take the bus down this direction someday.




Random bird sunning its feathers right in front of me.  It was kinda docile.





Anyway I just can't get tired of the beautiful skies, the river and of course, the skyline!








Spotted a plane landing in Perth Airport.  Can't pinpoint whether it's the domestic or international terminal, but it looks like a Qantas plane.





Oh and as we walked back to the train station, I couldn't resist taking pictures of the trail we took.  I'm gonna come here again someday.  Sadly there's quite a lot of construction going on near the Bell Tower, which means I can lie on the grass and chill out.  But there's lots of other spots around this area where I can lie on!  When the weather gets better I'm coming here again.















So that was my first photography trip back in Perth!

Backtrack to Singaporean photos...

The other day I went for a gorgeous Italian meal with my dad, and he told me that the exhibitions in the URA building (Singapore) were still on!  Apparently they were permanent exhibitions of the Singaporean skyline, and on my way to the MRT station, I decided to pop by.

Here are some pictures of the smaller-scale exhibition...














And here's the one with the whole of Singapore!














The NUS students were also having an exhibition not too far away but I didn't go to that.  I focused more on these 2 exhibitions.  It's a relief knowing that they'll always be here!

Will update again soon!  Meanwhile, I've been following the London Olympics and kudos to Singapore's Feng Tianwei for clinching the bronze medal for us!  YAY!! :D