Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Supertrees-Supermodel Part 2

This post is probably going to be shorter than the previous posts I did.  A lot of things have been going on lately and I really don't know where I should start.

First of all, I'm totally tangled in a statistical mess.  For the past 48 hours (or so) I've been hard at work, trying to tease out the numbers and stuff associated with my thesis...and I've barely scrapped the surface.  Good thing is - I took a break today.  Bad thing is - how am I going to sort this statistical mess eventually?  I hope things work out eventually.  I'm going to become goggle-eyed very soon.





Second thing - I received news about Gran's passing...and I should say, I was numbed.  Didn't expect it to happen so suddenly, yet knew that it would happen someday, for her health was failing and not improving.  I'm not extremely close to her, but I do have some memories of her (especially when I was around 5 or 6 years old).  I have memories of her deteriorating health, but I choose not to think about it too often - I was still about 9 years old back then.  I have memories of my last trip to Malaysia when I was 14, watching TV in her room while she lay unresponsive...but still, physical company is better than nothing.  I know (and I believe) she's in a better place.  She is no longer suffering - she is now free.  She is enjoying the warmth of the sun, the beauty of liberation...everything.  Either way, rest in peace, dear Gran, and we all love you!!





OK - back to where we left off in the last post.  This is the second, and final installment of the Supertrees-Supermodel series.  As I mentioned before, one of the photography clubs in Singapore had a photography session - and they hired a professional model.  I happened to be coming down from the Supertrees Skywalk, and when I saw them, I asked if I could join in.

And they gladly agreed.  So I took a few shots first...







The photographers gladly let me stay on, so I switched my camera to black-and-white.  I actually like her expressions.  She's rather spontaneous, yet knows how to pose for the camera.








I like it how she poses for different photographers.  She would turn her body ever so slightly...and she looks gorgeous from all angles!

Which explains why all the photographers are male...except for me.  Well I'm not counted - I'm merely a gatecrasher to the photography session!










Took a few more shots before they told me that the session was over.  The whole group of them subsequently had a group photo, and they even gave me a namecard.  I might contact them someday.







Hung around the Supertree grove...and spotted a couple taking photographs not too far away.  Gardens by the Bay has since become a very popular spot for photoshoots, especially for weddings.  This is probably the second couple I saw...but I'm pretty sure there are many more.

Anyway this couple was also pretty spontaneous.  And they had interesting poses!  The lady was the one who initiated it, and her partner gladly followed.










When I received news about Gran's passing, the first thing I thought of was an angel.  Holding her hand and leading her into the gates of Paradise.  So I had the inspiration to do a sketch on it...except that I replaced her with a young, active lady.  Well I guess that's the whole point - she is now free.






And here's a more detailed sketch of the young girl, in a different dress.  But the content is about the same.




OK I think it's time for me to crash.  Once again, rest in peace, dear Gran, and I'm terribly sorry for being unable to attend your wake in person.  I'll be attending in spirit though.  Love you, Gran!