Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Chocolates...and a Second Trip to Mandurah

I'm gonna be "piano-less" for the next 10 days or so.  It feels weird not having a piano around, considering that I'm a real piano fanatic AND completed a Diploma in piano last year!!  All I have now is piano merchandise...but erm, they don't do much to curb the urge to play excessive piano!!  I'm relieved that I'll be heading back to Singapore pretty soon though...and I'll get to play a REAL piano - my beloved Sojin!!!




Went all out after exams and bought SO MANY things!  Most of these stuff will be given away as prezzies.  In fact, the only thing I bought for myself was a really nice bracelet from London Court.  It was simple, but I fell in love with it at first sight.  Anyway it's time for me to be thrifty once again - although I rarely spend cash...I'd still want to ensure that I stay well-disciplined.  I'm happy with my new bracelet anyway!  It was really worth the money, and wasn't that expensive to begin with!

One of the many items I bought today - CHOCOLATES!  Stopped by the Margaret River Chocolate Company branch in the city and bought some chocolates...and then went over to London Court to grab more chocolates and Christmas/birthday prezzies for my friends.  Discovered this shop called the Pigeon Hole in London Court - and they've the most quirky stuff and most beautiful jewellery!  In case you were wondering, I got my bracelet from there.  Anyway they even had film for lomography, polaroids...all the stuff I'd really like to have!!  Would like to go back there again...but with extreme self-control.

Anyway here's some pics of the chocolate experience I had a few months back.  Since I dropped by the Margaret River Chocolate Company in the city, I'd just share a couple of pics from a bigger branch (of the same name!) - situated in the Swan Valley.





Kids tasting the chocolate buttons.  Best part about Margaret River Chocolate Company - they allow free tasting of chocolate!!




As long as you use the spoon and scoop some chocolate into your hands (well, for hygiene purposes of course!).  I tasted all of them, but concluded that the milk chocolate was the best.  My favourite chocolate - milk chocolate.  I do eat some dark chocolate every now and then.






My chocolate-inspired lunch for the day, accompanied with hot chocolate :D  After that we stopped by a winery and chilled out for a bit, before heading back.

I'm really picky with chocolates as I'm a self-confessed chocoholic, but Margaret River Chocolate Company sure has high-grade chocolate!  I'll give them at least 9 out of 10!




Anyway back to today's agenda - a not-so-long post documenting my second trip to Mandurah!  Read more about my first and third trips here and here, respectively.  Everytime I go to Mandurah, I experience really different weather conditions.  In my first trip - it was clear and sunny.  This time it was cloudy.  During my third trip it was a hybrid of the first and second.  This trip was kind of short, but still enjoyable.  It's always good to take time off from studying!

Doesn't matter - Mandurah was the same as always!  This time I managed to take more pictures of the Reading Cinemas.




And the interesting sculptures outside the Reading Cinemas.





Mandurah Arts Centre and its precinct.  It hosts lots of good performances...unfortunately it is really out of the way and I'd rather catch a performance in the city instead.  I live between the city and Mandurah.  It takes about half an hour to get to Mandurah from where I am...but if I drove or lived near Mandurah, I'd really like to step into the Arts Centre someday.





Looking out to the waterfront, where high-class apartments were situated.




Walked down this boardwalk to the Venetian canals...and took some pics along the way.








On the other side - restaurants (including Cicerello's) and the main food precinct of Mandurah.




Opposite this massive tree - on the other side of the water - was a war memorial.  Mandurah was really, really quiet that day - presumably because it was a weekend.





Looking towards one of the high-class apartment blocks along the waterfront.




The Venetian canals.  The small streets were named after prominent Italian figures, including Antonio Vivaldi, Marco Polo and many others.  And of course, the place was really high-class.  During my first visit to Mandurah, we took a boat ride out to the Peel Inlet and saw MORE Venetian canals!

Of course, these properties were for those really rich people.







Walked across the famous bridge to the other side - the Ocean Marina area.









Had a really good lunch at a place called Sharky's, and then bought some souvenirs - mainly postcards and stuff.  I usually collect postcards and send them out to people - but before that I take a picture of the postcards!  Some of these postcards give me ideas on how to compose future pictures - others give me an idea on where to go next.

Anyway we headed off to a small beach.  Most beaches face the open ocean here.  It was definitely chilly...and guess what?  I made the mistake of wearing SHOES to the beach.  Not a good idea.  Even in cold weather.  I should have worn flip flops!









There were few seagulls that day though...I thought there would have been more.  Maybe it's the weather.





You can roughly make up bits of Mandurah from this point here...in the far horizon.  This beach is actually part of Mandurah but away from the city centre.




And of course - one last shot of the beach before heading off for dessert!




Found a pelican stretching out near the carpark.  As my friend was paying for parking tickets, I took a picture of him.  He was doing all sorts of interesting stretches.




Ended our trip with San Churro -I had my dark hot chocolate in soy milk as usual.  I've had San Churro at least 10 times!  Well - there's a San Churro in Fremantle and that's pretty near my place...can't help but succumb to temptations!




Found some bunnies having a big feast near the village.  I heard they're regarded as pests.  Either way they were kind of cute.  They were very timid though, and ran when I came near.  Had to use my telephoto lens to get a decent picture of them.  I used to live on the second floor (now I'm on the ground floor) - and I always see bunnies grazing from the balcony, especially at night.  They'll congregate on the big field outside the apartments, and came in all sorts of shapes and sizes!

I can't imagine how they multiply though.  They produce a lot of offspring!




Ending off with a picture of our hunger satisfactions that day.  Sharky's really provides great food!  I'll definitely go there again...but this time I've to find someone to share my garlic bread with!  Garlic bread is very, very delicious but really filling.  I'm actually really happy about the settings on my camera! :)







I actually like Mandurah - it's a great getaway, and is an awesome tourist hub.  I don't know if I'll have the time to go there after my exams, but it's OK - I've got a lot of pictures of it already!  I might visit Mandurah again next year during my grad trip to see the dolphins!!  Oh, and to see Clifton Lake - where thrombolites are!