Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 01, 2012

Mary Anne

Nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan.......OK this is definitely NOT Mary Anne -the star of today.  This is our beloved Nyan Cat!  The first thing I spotted when I entered the house. 




But Mary Anne is cute too!  Introducing - the star of today's post - 3 and a half year-old Mary Anne, who was adopted by my friends about 2 weeks ago.  Mary Anne had a pretty rough past, and was kind of apprehensive around my friends at first, but they were really, really nice to her and gave her lots of attention and good food.  So now, she's really affectionate!  She still hates to be touched on certain spots, and would swipe/scratch/bite if we did so, but ah well, at least she loves scratches behind her ears and under her chin!




Mary Anne let me give her scratches behind her ears and around the top of her head, but she was really curious about my camera.  She just couldn't stop looking at it!  Which made the whole shoot much, much easier because she'd be happy to look at the camera most of the time.





Of course, there were moments where she didn't look directly at her camera, but that was fine.  She looks great at all angles, I believe!  And the best part about her?  Her gorgeous green eyes.  I like her markings too!





Oh, and here's one of her all stretched out and comfy on the rug!

She has the "Oh Hai!" expression here...




My friends had this feathery toy and Mary Anne was often fascinated by it.  She'd jump up, grab it and start clawing at it.  At one point she was doing bunny kicks as she clung onto it with her claws!  And she made some funny expressions as she did so.




She got a little tired after that, and decided to take a quick rest.  And posed for the camera of course!







We thought she was going to fall asleep when we saw her lying on the floor.  But she only closed her eyes for a short while and was then up again.  She's kind of active.








Every now and then she'd prop herself up and do a different pose...






I guess this is Mary Anne's favourite pose - front paws planted to the ground, head facing up.





And of course she was monitoring our every move.  She was supposed to sleep, but she decided not to.





Every now and then she would also head to her food bowl...and look up to us, as if she was asking for food.   Well we couldn't really give her any, as it wasn't her proper mealtime yet.  She looks really cute though!






This eventually became her "publicity shot"...




And she continued posing while a few other friends came by.

She seemed to be comfortable around us, and loved to rub her tail around us.  She gave me a friendly swipe though.  Fortunately it didn't involve claws.  I've gotten a couple of friendly scratches from Aggie before - but those weren't major at all.  There was also once when Aggie was lying down next to me, and she dug her claws into my thigh!  Fortunately I was wearing pants.

Anyway Mary Anne's paws were really small and adorable too!







Mary Anne wasn't allowed to into the kitchen as they were worried that she might grab morsels of food.  So she had specific boundaries which she had to adhere to.  She ended up lying just outside one of the boundaries - and fell asleep for a very short while.







But she was awake again...and started rolling over!  She really loves to roll over!





Then she did the classic "Feed me!" pose.  She just sat in front of her food bowl and stared at us.  Unfortunately it was still NOT her dinner time yet.  So she had some waiting to do before her actual dinner time!  She seemed gracious about it though!

Sometimes Mary Anne's pose reminds me of dear Aggie, who would sit in front of her bowl and look up to us whenever she wanted food.  And not only that, Aggie had 2 bowls too!  One for food and one for water. Her water bowl was almost always full, and we always made sure she was hydrated.  We replaced the water in her bowl everyday.  I'm sure they did the same to Mary Anne.




Mary Anne then ended up sleeping for a few seconds...while I packed up to go back.




I really like Mary Anne!  Although she had a rough start, she was definitely trying her best to be friendly, and was happy to mix around with us.  She was also really pretty - with big green eyes and unique markings, including a striped tail!  She's a mackeral tabby.  Either way, she's one of the most cooperative kitties I've met apart from Aggie - my favourite of all time!!!

Back to studying for now.  Will update again once I have the time!!  Meanwhile, I've to prep for exams...EXAMS!!!  *plays the famous opening theme of Beethoven's Symphony No.5 in C minor*

The worst is probably packing.  I just don't have enough space!!!!  I am ready to RAGEQUIT!!!!!