Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 01, 2013

The Beach...YAY!!!

Apologies for being missing in action for a while - I've got tonnes of work from everywhere! Fortunately, I managed to dig out some time for relaxation purposes. Went to Fremantle (henceforth known as Freo) with my lovely flatmates and piano buddy from Melbourne!! And took lots of pictures of course!

First up - I discovered the "Panorama" mode on my new phone...and decided to try it out. Initially I failed really, really miserably. But here we go - the final products after practicing a few times. Took panorama shots of the fishing boat harbour and the Roundhouse.

Yes - FINALLY! I have panoramic shots of the Roundhouse!! I waited so long for this moment!!










Had lunch at La Porchetta, a cosy Italian restaurant. As usual - I had my favourite mushroom pasta but with less cream and no cheese. I can feel the effects of the cream in my tummy now (despite opting for less cream). And boy...it doesn't feel too good.




Our main objective was to get to the beach. But first, we had to get through High Street.

While walking down High Street, I spotted this really adorable dog outside a cafe. So of course I stopped to take some pictures. He was really quiet and lazy though, and would just stare blankly into my lens. But he was cooperative and didn't seem to mind me buzzing around him like some crazy paparazzi.





The cafe was situated in a bookshop - and the bookshop was in turn situated in a really nice-looking building with Corinthian columns. So that gave lots of wonderful opportunities!







As we went down High Street, I just couldn't stop taking pictures...even though I've got tonnes of Freo pictures! Gosh I think I'm going nuts from all the studying!






Spotted this elderly gentleman from the opposite side. He was just sitting quietly on the bench and looking around. And he looked really, really lonely.

That reminded me of the song "Learn to be Lonely" from one of the musicals. Kinda sad. He didn't sit for long though - when I turned back after taking pics of other things, he had walked off.






I haven't had much pictures of this building before, so today's trip gave me good opportunities to do so.







And yes - I've said this before - I'm envious of the students of Notre Dame University. They've such a gorgeous campus from all these restored buildings of the 1800s-1900s!!!





Walked past some other buildings that didn't belong to Notre Dame Uni too. Notre Dame Uni's actually pretty big, and each building seemed to be designated to a certain faculty or something.




Tried these pseudo fish-eye effects. Note - the key word is "pseudo". I didn't use a fish-eye lens at all (although I actually wish I have one!). It was just the wide-angle lens.







Went into the Roundhouse again. I've got more detailed posts of the Roundhouse here and here. That was when I was still using my old camera. Speaking of which, I kinda miss my old camera.






Wonder what event's on these days. There were quite a lot of sculptures on the beach! My favourite ones were the horses, of course! I reckon there's some arts festival going on. I actually can't wait for the Street Arts Festival - gotta go there for sure!












Although the beach (Bather's Beach) was small, I was so glad to see the beach, blue skies and feel the sun on my skin again. The last time I went to the beach was in February. And before that I went for the Sentosa Flower Show but it was raining so heavily!






Headed to the fishing boat harbour to explore a bit. And of course, chill out and enjoy the breeze.





As we were walking around, I spotted this gorgeous cloud formation and HAD to stop and take pictures of it! "Every cloud has a silver lining".







Passed Little Creatures Brewery before heading for a light dinner/snack. I've been to the brewery - it's pretty fascinating. Although I don't drink beer, I drink cider every now and then.




Had churros and hot chocolate for dinner! The hot chocolate felt more like chocolate sauce and I had to add water. Even so, it was way too thick for my liking and I felt sick. So I didn't finish it. It was the first time I actually didn't finish my hot chocolate! Usually I drink every drop of it.






And that concludes the trip to Fremantle! I really enjoy going out with my flatmates and my friend - they're so spontaneous and we had so much fun today :) And of course I got to relax - so that definitely made my day! I'm so glad that I've got my flatmates and friends around me - it definitely has been a great protective factor to prevent me from spiralling downhill into some mood/affect disorder of some sort.

To be honest...it's barely the middle of semester and yet I'm constantly asking myself - how am I going to survive till the end? Working two jobs, having clinical placements and going through all the coursework/assignments is really taking a toll on me - I can feel myself becoming more grumpy, uptight and well...totally not me! Ugh! I do hope that things will end up working well - especially with placements - I cannot afford to let anything screw up!  I've been so lost for so long. I've been groping around in the dark for so long. Now it's time to find the light...but how do I do it? I dunno. 

The search continues.