Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fort Canning Part 2

Did a photoshoot for a family of kittens at Fort Canning Park.

Actually this was also un-planned, and we were just hanging around the visitor's centre when a ginger-coloured kitten and his mother came out of the stairway and said hi. They kept exploring around us and were extremely friendly, especially the kitten, who kept rubbing himself against me whenever he walked past. His mother was also relaxed and allowed her kitten to explore around us.

Shortly after, an orange and white kitten emerged from the same area, but he was extremely shy and refused to play with us, although his mother and sibling were friendly towards us and allowed us to take pictures of them.

He came out later on though, only to join his mother and his sibling. Whenever his mother wasn't around, he would hide in a corner and did not come out to say hi. But whenever his mother was around, he stuck to her.

Here's the family of cats:



The more adventurous ginger-coloured kitten with his mother. He looks almost exactly like his mother, except for the eyes and size of course. Here he is, snuggling up against his mother,



And playfully prodding his mother. The 2 kittens were pretty young and were still relying on their mother's milk. I saw this little guy drinking milk from his mother twice. His sibling (the orange and white kitty) was less attached to his mother.

*prods mother* "Ahahaha...Mummy! Don't squirm!!"

"Ginger!!! That's so ticklish! C'mon, be a good boy and drink your milk-y!!"



And off they went to explore, after the ginger kitten had his hunger satisfactions. The ginger kitten basically imitated his mum's every move...

"Mummy, is this how I should walk/behave/move?!"

"Yes Ginger, follow Mummy's example and all will be fine."




And eventually followed his mum down the stairs, possibly to look for some food.

While the orange and white kitten stayed where he was, and didn't come out to interact. He was very patient though, and allowed us to take many pictures. And he was more handsome and adorable than his sibling. Best part - he had PINK PAWS!!!

"Where did Mummy and Ginger go?! Why did they run off without me?"



"No, I'm scared! Without Mummy, I won't come out! I'll stay where I'm safe and unharmed."



"Meeoowww why are these photographers taking pictures of me? Oh well, I guess they're not harmful or anything. I'll let them take pictures of me, but I'll not go near them."

"YIKES!!! I'd better stop scratching and pose nicely for them! Shan't expose too much!" :P



"I feel so much better now, after scratching and licking myself clean."



"But I still wanna go out! When will Mummy come back?!"



*scans the environment for his mother, yet indirectly interacting with the 2 photographers who were desperately snapping away*




*relaxes a little* "Perhaps I'm becoming too jittery. Perhaps I've separation anxiety or something. I shall just relax and...wow! Nice picture of me!!" :3



*still apprehensive but starting to warm up*

*hears some noises from the distance* "EEK! What's going on?! Better find somewhere safe to hide!"

*hides behind the pillar and peeks out just a little*



*sees his ginger sibling coming back and squeezing through a gap in the railings*

"Hey bro! Ginger's back! Mummy's still hunting and she'll be back soon enough!"



"So...what have you been up to, brother?! When Mummy and I were exploring and having fun?"



Orange and white kitten: "Oh...staying safe, and letting photographers take pictures of me! Of course, I made sure they didn't come too close!"

Ginger kitten: "Photographers? Where?" *and didn't realise that a candid picture of him had already been taken*



Orange and white kitten: "There they are!" *gazes towards us*



Ginger kitten: "Humph...I didn't get to pose properly!!!"

Photographers: "Hahahaa...you look so adorable and silly in this picture!!"



Just then, the mother cat returns from her trip. She didn't manage to get much food, but it was enough for herself and her kittens. The 2 kittens join her and they return back to the stairway together.

Occasionally they would peek out though...



But later on they got tired and played in the stairway, and it was virtually impossible to get a picture of them, as they kept playing hide and seek with us. So we decided to call it a day.

It was an enjoyable photoshoot though! Especially when the kittens were so well-behaved and posed for us! :D And I was pretty surprised that the kittens' mother trusted us so much and let her kids hang around us, without attacking us. She was also pretty photogenic, but she didn't stay long enough, so we had less pictures of her. We had many pictures of the orange and white one though.

Hopefully I get to see this family again when I next go to Fort Canning!