Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 21, 2011

Keppel Island

I've been to Vivocity countless times before I left for Melbourne, and whenever I come back to Singapore for holidays, I would go at least twice, just to get to Sentosa. Oh, and not to mention, I've been to Sentosa many times too, and of course, would be going there for the flower show in February. :)



But somehow I've never been to Keppel Island - an area which is about 10 minutes away from Vivocity. It's quite a new area, but I never heard of it until my friend mentioned it to me.

Here are 2 snapshots of Keppel Harbour. We could see Sentosa in the distance. Oh, and the bridge in the second picture was the main bridge that led us to Keppel Island - and the only entrance and exit to the island.




Actually all these pictures are taken using my friend's camera, as I forgot to bring mine. And I'm really grateful to him for that.

Note to self: Always bring camera out, for you'll never know where you'll be going next.

Spotted a monitor lizard sitting on a stump. He seemed pretty spaced out, and allowed us to take a few pictures before he scampered off.



Crossing the bridge to Keppel Island...



And there's Resorts World Sentosa, where Universal Studios Singapore is! I've been to Resorts World and explored the shopping areas and hotels, but I've never been to Universal Studios. Heard it's pretty expensive though. But I love the layout of the entire resort!



And we reach the long boardwalk to the jetty. Apparently this is one of the best places in the area - to chill, take photographs etc.




We didn't go to the jetty, but walked around the boardwalk.

2 boats going back to Keppel Harbour. There was supposed to be 3 but I think the fastest one was out of view by the time I took this.



The view from another part of the boardwalk.



And the view when we were heading back to the bridge that would take us back to the mainland.




Just before we headed back, we reached a visitor's centre, but didn't go in.

The signboard on the roof of the visitor's centre.



And the changing lights - without using the cross filter. The cross filter makes bright lights look generally cross-shaped instead of circular, and is really good for spicing up pictures involving lights...




Like these pictures here. All the bright lights in the picture have a cross-shape. I was pretty fascinated by it and will be getting one pretty soon.



Trying out the effects of the cross filter on differently coloured lights.




Some jacuzzi-like thingy just outside one of the restaurants...



And we finally HAD TO head back because it was getting late. So yeah, there's the bridge again.

Here's the bridge lighted up in shades of blue...



And moments later, the lights turned purple.



And we walked back to the mainland.



This is one of the rare times I'm taking pictures at night, and of course, thanks so much, once again, to my friend for letting me use his camera! :)