Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Marina Bay Sands and Robertson Quay:

Actually the trip to Marina Bay Sands (MBS) was unintended. I got on the bus, thinking that it would bring me to Esplanade, where I could get my piano books. Then I realised - the bus would go straight into Marina Bay Sands instead of turn right to Esplanade. And by the time I pressed the bell, it was too late.

So I stayed around MBS and took a number of pictures. Well I'm posting 2 for now, but I'll post more soon.




And about 2 days before I went to MBS, I went to Robertson Quay with a friend.

We hung mostly around Robertson Walk - a square surrounded by condominiums and shops. Well, there were lots of photo opportunities in Robertson Walk.



The Singapore River.



This fountain was right in the middle of the square...



And behind it, there were blocks and blocks of high-rise apartments. They all looked really expensive though, and their architecture was pretty amazing!



And this is how Robertson Square looks from the second floor:



Even the staircases and landings were equally amazing - awesome photo opportunity indeed!




Condominium facing us. There was this boy standing at the balcony when I took this picture, and when I wanted to take a second picture, he walked back into the apartment!



Corridor and bridge leading back to the main entrance.



After that we headed down to a nearby cafe. And were fascinated by the makeshift Christmas tree:







Then we headed to Delifrance for some snacks, and also to avoid the heavy rain. I took this with a cross-filter - hence it seems so sparkly here. I'm going to get the cross-filter soon! :)



And in case you were wondering, the MBS pictures were taken on 3rd Jan, while these Robertson Quay pictures were taken on 31st December. :P