Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sentosa Flower Show Part 1

I miss these adorable "carrots" that marked the entrance of the Sentosa Flower Show 2011. Can't believe they took the carrot decorations down after the Flower Show! They should have left it for us to admire. But oh well...



Ok, this is epic fail indeed. I was browsing through my entries, and realised that I haven't put up any pictures of the Sentosa Flower Show! And the Flower Show wasn't even one of the last events I went to - the Orchid Garden Show was even later then the Flower Show. Best part - I put my Melbourne pictures up before these pictures, even though these were definitely taken before I left for Melbourne. :P

Anyways, enough of the epic fail....sorry about that though!

So...this post focuses more on the Sentosa Boardwalk and the miscellaneous stuff which I took while enjoying the Flower Show. I don't want you guys to get hay fever... :P

So here's the Sentosa Boardwalk...newly constructed, just in time for the Flower Show.



I did 2 trips up and down the Boardwalk, so my pictures are arranged as such.

Start of the Boardwalk (Sentosa side): Children playing at the fountains in Resorts World Sentosa. About 3 or 4 of them were present when I went over, and they seemed to be really fascinated by it.

This was when the fountain was off. The girl must have been thinking, "Hmmmm, what will come out of this hole?!"



Same girl, with her brother (or friend). I love this pic loads! The girl's pointing to the fountain, and the boy's covering his face, as if he's embarrassed that his undies are shown to the public!

Ok, the real reason why he covered his face was because the fountain spurted right into his eye. Poor chap. He was pretty much ok though.



Walking bach (I mean back!) to Mainland Singapore on the Boardwalk...

Spotted flowers lining the stairs on the Boardwalk, so I had to stop and take pictures. :) Somehow I'm conditioned to stop and take pictures of flowers whenever I see them.







And here's the sheltered area of the Boardwalk.



Being a "damn lazy kid", I decided to take the Sentosa Express (monorail) back to Sentosa. And here's Vivocity from the monorail. The windows acted like a blue filter...somehow...



The monorail took me all the way to the beach, so I decided to hang around there for awhile. Although it isn't 100% natural, I still love the beach!

Barnacles on the rocks. It was low tide when I went though, so I didn't get to see them feed...oh well...



And a couple just chilling out and burying each other's feet in the sand.



Dessert - Haagen Dazs' Ice Cream! I love Haagen Dazs' Ice Cream heaps - sad thing is that I can't find any in Melbourne. Gelati in Melbourne's gorgeous though - I guess that can be a good substitution for my Haagen Dazs' cravings.



Resorts World Sentosa, through a spherical mirror.




This fountain's known as the Lake of Dreams. It's pretty big, actually, and is a really popular attraction amongst visitors. Here's just one part of it :P



Universal Studios Singapore is strategically located in Resorts World, but the cost was a tad too much for me to bear that day. So I just had to take pictures from outside.




Australia! On the famous Universal Studios rotating globe.



And advertisements EVERYWHERE.......



Yes, more flowers along the way. These were taken along the coast. I got a really good view of Vivocity from there.




Last but not least, I finally went up close to the famous waterfall that marked the entrance to Resorts World! I just happened to spot these flowers too - pretty amazing than all 3 of them are of different colours! And all of them are growing at pretty much the same rate!




Going up close to the famous (man-made) waterfall. Yay for slow shutter speeds! :D





Ok I guess that's half of the Sentosa Flower Show segment! The other half will be put up soon! :)

Once again, sorry for the epic fail...!!!!