Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 18, 2012

A little bit of everything...

Few more weeks before I go to Melbourne for a week!  :D  CAN'T WAIT!!!  Right now - I should seriously focus on my exams and stuff...




Hi there! 

The last few weeks have been really, really tough.   I've had such horrid sleep patterns - waking up at 12pm and going to sleep as late as 4am.  There was even one night where I had absolutely NO sleep, and I think it was one of the days where I actually went out to the city!  Can't recall much, except that it was extremely tormenting - just lying in bed thinking, when will I EVER fall asleep?  It's happened before last year, before I took my psychopathology exam, and my friends all noticed that I was extremely spaced out.  Bad, bad.  Hope I don't have to experience that all over again.  

Right now I'm trying to regain good sleeping habits (by good I mean sleeping at 11 or so and waking up at 8am or 9am latest).  But before I waffle on and on about sleeping and stuff, let's go on to some snippets of St George's cathedral - one of the Anglican cathedrals in Perth.  It's situated in St George's Terrace (very appropriately named!), and is pretty near the famous bell tower.

Took many pictures of St George's cathedral - especially the main hall, and here's a preview of some of them.  Will put up the rest in another post!






Also did some long-exposure shots of the ceiling and the lights above, including the pipe organ!





After walking around St George's cathedral for a bit, I headed back to Hay Street.  Here's London Court again - this time in colour.  The previous post I did on London Court was in black-and-white - this time I went, hoping to get some chocolates, but the chocolate shop was closed!  

Anyway I never get tired of London Court and its quirky design.  I was actually there when the shops were starting to close...so there weren't many people around.







The Tudor-inspired architecture of the shopping area...it kinda looks pretty nice in colour!  I don't really have any preferences though.



















One of the things I enjoyed too - taking unusual angle shots.  I ended up with a neckache though!  But they turned out pretty decent :)






Switched back to normal-angle shots to prevent any more neckaches.  Oh, and the picture below features one of my favourite chocolate shops - and the one which was closed.






 Last few shots of London Court - by now many of the shops were closed and I couldn't stay longer, as people were starting to leave.  Didn't want to risk staying in there and being locked in!  Imagine being locked in a Tudor-inspired village which is totally empty...






Took some more shots of Hay Street just as I was leaving.  The sun was setting then, and the lighting was pretty good!  The sun sets pretty early these days - probably around 5:30 or so?  By 6pm it is already dark. I usually try not to go back after dark - it's pretty quiet in my area and besides, I don't want to miss the last bus on weekends!








I remembered seeing some of these adorable little mushrooms along my way to the bus stop after the rain.  Stopped by to take pictures of them of course.

Taking pictures of these mushrooms was CHALLENGING, especially when my camera doesn't have a flip-up LCD screen.  I had to estimate the location where my camera should be placed, and also had to ensure that the mode I used was correct.  I ended up taking as many pictures as I could, and even decided to miss the bus in order to get good shots of the mushrooms!  They were cute - to be honest!

Oh and in case you were wondering, these mushrooms are probably an inch tall or so - from the ground.  My camera was literally on the sand.






















Anyway that's it for now!  It's getting colder and exams are approaching (UGH!!!).  I'll definitely try to update this space more often before exams start, and before I know it, I'll be off to MELBOURNE! :D  I really can't wait to see everyone in Melbourne again!  And of course, I'll HAVE to go to the Aquarium in Melbourne - can't believe I actually didn't go last year!

See you guys for now!