Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 08, 2012

A little bit of everything... (2)

I've been back in Singapore for 2 and a half weeks already!  And all I've been doing is collecting data for my thesis.  It's been very hectic but at least I managed to squeeze in 2 trips out - one to the Art-Science Museum after the rain, and another on Friday.  

It's been raining A LOT these days!  I was "trapped" at home for 3 days in a row because it kept raining like crazy.  I even updated my Facebook status last Thursday with this: "Monday - not-so-heavy rain. Tuesday - rain. Wednesday - heavy rain. Thursday - very heavy rain. THIS IS CRAZY!!!".  

Well let's just say that rain is good sometimes!  It was a bonus to be able to snap pictures of these gorgeous flowers outside the Art-Science Museum!  And there were bees buzzing around some of them too.





I haven't done macro shots in ages!  So I decided to compile some and post them here.





Many of the flowers were in full bloom that day, and they looked so beautiful.  People were taking pictures of them, and many of us photographers were attempting to find the best angle to capture their beauty.

Eventually I decided to stoop as low as I could - which meant sitting on the floor while balancing my camera on the side of the pool.  It kinda worked!  And not to mention, "Manual" mode is AWESOME!

Anyway I took some of these before going back to take macro shots.













More macro shots.  The flowers were so gorgeous that I HAD to stay!






And here are some of the last few pictures I took before heading off.







The glass buildings along the river against the backdrop of the CBD.  One of the buildings was a nightclub known as Avalon, and the other was a massive Louis Vuitton store.  I actually wanted to go to Avalon, but didn't really have the time.  Might actually go there someday!  Or I might actually stroll along the river one night.

The sky was very overcast that day, but on my side there was quite a bit of sunlight.  It drizzled a bit when I was walking towards the Art-Science Museum, but the wind got pretty strong after that, and the dark clouds just dissipated!  It happened pretty fast.  





A couple of pictures of the famous lotus-shaped Art-Science museum.





Oh and I totally forgot that I didn't put up these pictures of dear Aggie!  I was thinking that I covered all pictures/events for my Melbourne trip in June, but realised there were some remnants.  Just in case you were wondering, I have LOTS of Aggie pictures!  She's just so irresistable, and cuddly!

Anyway here Aggie is - posing in the kitchen garden, affectionately known as Aggie's Garden.




She was strolling around, or rather waddling around the carpark too.  Her fur's so fluffy and long that it makes her body look very round, and her legs now appear very stumpy.  I wonder how big/fat she is, underneath all those fluff.  All I know is that her fur is really long.  Probably more than an inch!  And the best part is that she has belly fuzz!




She ended up in one of the flower beds, and because she actually peed here, we called this flower bed her "litter box".  She probably chose it at random!

She also loves biting on branches and stuff like that, and whenever we see her doing it, we'll yell, "Aggie!  The grass/bushes is/are NOT FOOD!"  Most of the time, she just goes on doing it.




Finding the most comfortable spot to "do her business" in.  And waddling around as usual.





She "migrated" to another flower bed - and nope, we didn't dub this her "litter box"!  And decided to stay there for the rest of the evening.  She loves sitting around in random areas - and this is always how we find her.  She'll be in some random flower bed, or sitting on a car, and when we call her, she'll come over to say hi. :)








And I guess that's it for now!  On a side note, I managed to catch 2 awesome movies from the 1970s and 1980s.  I simply LOVE old movies!  One of them was "The Tamarind Seed" (1974), and the other was "Duet for One" (1986).  The former had a really intense, yet spectacular soundtrack by John Barry, while the latter was based loosely on cellist Jacqueline du Pre and her struggle with multiple sclerosis - but the protagonist in "Duet for One" was a violinist instead of a cellist.  Both were really gripping...and gorgeous.  But I emphatised more with the protagonist in "Duet for One" - as I'm also a musician (pianist) and it IS very heart-wrenching to lose the ability to play music, especially after one has been doing it for a lifetime.

I caught "Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter" today too!  It was dramatic and I'd recommend it...BUT it's definitely not for the faint-hearted!! :P  Computer-generated effects were marvellous though!

Anyway I'll be back soon!