Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sentosa/Malaysian Food Street Part 3



"Crazy world, everyday the same old rollercoaster ride...
But I've got my pride, I won't give in.  Even though I know I'll never win...
Oh how I love this...crazy world."
- Victor Victoria (1982), "Crazy World" by Henry Mancini

I just made an arrangement of Henry Mancini's "Crazy World" (from the 1982 movie Victor Victoria) today, and it's such a gorgeous song!  Henry Mancini's an amazing composer too, and he has written original soundtracks for many movies, such as Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961), the Pink Panther series, Charade (1963), Darling Lili (1970) and so on.  The song "Whistling Away the Dark" from Darling Lili has also become one of my favourite songs, and I hope to make an arrangement for it someday.

Anyway enough of digressing!  Back to business!  I went to the Malaysian Food Street in Resorts World Sentosa a while back, just to explore.  If I'm not wrong it's kinda new, and I put a picture of the menu in this post (which is also part of this series).  





When I first walked into the area, I noticed that the stalls were grouped according to the places they came from.  There were places like "Klang Bak Kut Teh", "Petaling Jaya Dimsum and Drinks" and so on, and all the stalls were designed to look like shophouses in Malaysia.  Even the seating areas looked as if they were on the side of a one-way, narrow street.










Decided to walk and up and down the food street to have a look, since I wasn't that hungry yet.









Here we go!  The place really looks convincingly like a Malaysian street at night!  I currently don't have a picture of a real one, but this one is really convincing!







Got really thirsty later on, and ordered a big cup of iced Milo.  Then walked around to take more pictures.  I think I had 2 big cups of iced Milo that day, after walking around the beach and Resorts World Sentosa.





Some of the stalls seemed more popular then others, but the main seating areas were in front of some of the stalls, and in some other designated spots.










I don't know how the food was like as I didn't try it, but by the looks of the crowd, I think the food must have been good!

I saw a grandmother with her 2 grandchildren at one of the tables, and the way the grandma treated her grandkids reminded me of how my grandma used to treat me.  Brought back lots of good memories.  There were also lots of families having late lunches.








And I guess that concludes the Sentosa/Malaysian Food Street series!

I've been to the Marina Bay Sands quite a few times too, and found a good spot where I could take pictures of the new Gardens by the Bay!  I haven't been to the conservatories in the new Gardens by the Bay, but I did go to the parts that were free to the public.  

Here's a view of the Singapore Flyer and the Gardens from the spot where I was.




The highlight of the Gardens - the Supertrees, which towered 25-50 metres above the ground.  Some of the Supertrees were linked by a winding bridge.  I haven't been up the winding bridge yet, but I intend to when the weather gets better.  The weather has been really bad these days, and I was kinda lucky when I went to take pictures of the new Gardens.  Hope to get onto that winding bridge one day - I saw pictures from other people and it looked pretty good!




Took out my telephoto lens for some detailed pictures of the Supertrees...





And I took a picture of the lake that was located at the entrance of the Gardens.




Yet another view of the Supertrees...and of the skybridge.  The bridge itself was supported by cables, and I heard that it was really hard to hoist the bridge to its current height!  I seriously must get onto that bridge someday.





The conservatory.  There were 2 of them, and only one was clearly visible from where I was.




And of course, more pictures of the Supertrees! :)









Last few shots from the bridge before I headed downwards for a better view.






Oh, and when I headed back via the same bridge, I found a better view where I could see the 2 conservatories.




Anyway I'm off for dinner!  I can hear my tummy rumbling!