Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sentosa/Malaysian Food Street Part 2

Decided to combine my post for the Sentosa Flower Show into the Sentosa/Malaysian Food Street series this time.  Can't believe it's been around 5 months since I last went for the Sentosa Flower Show!  Probably more than 5 months, since the show was around the Chinese New Year period.




Anyway the Flower Show was smaller this time.  I first went for the Sentosa Flower Show in 2009 before I got my dSLR, and then again in 2011 (2 posts here and here) and now in 2012.  For some reason I missed out on the Botanic Gardens Orchid Garden show (main post here) - but if I'm not wrong it was not held this year.  

I actually got up REALLY early to go for the festival!  Ended up spending an entire day, and that meant that I took all the pictures that I wanted to take. :)

Started off on the Sentosa Boardwalk and walked across to Sentosa.  There were quite a number of flower pots on the Boardwalk, so I did have a nice time to start off with!  It was probably around 10am then, so it wasn't that hot.  Besides the lighting was quite good too!  Not only that, I got to enjoy the seaview and the cable cars going back and forth.  I haven't been on the cable cars since I was 7 (or 8) years old - might actually go on them one day!









After crossing the Boardwalk I ended up at the entrance of Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) where there were more flowers.  Different varieties planted together, but the colour combination was good!  The flowers were also being watered frequently, so that they looked fresh.  I'm actually glad I went during the earlier part of the festival.







These figurines were permanently on display along the street, but pretty nonetheless.  My favourite one is the cat.  Well, we all know why! :)













The Flower Show was also dragon-themed, since 2012 is the year of the Dragon, according to the Chinese zodiac.  There were LOTS of dragons around, and almost all of them were made up of flowers strategically placed together.  I don't know what kinds of flowers they used, but I think they were chrysanthemum or something.

The dragons were placed mainly around the Festive Walk in RWS.






Not too far away from RWS was Imbiah Walk, which was easily accessible.  It's probably a 5 minute walk from Festive Walk (RWS).  

This was where I found lots and lots of varieties of flowers, planted in many different colours.  The whole area was just like a sea of colours!  I remembered when I went to the Flower Show last year, there were some lilies which caused my hay fever to act up!  I ended up sneezing like crazy throughout the rest of the day.  This time, there was no hay fever!  Fortunately!















There were also many decorations, made entirely of flowers!  My favourite ones were the music notes (made of pink flowers) and the violin (made of red flowers).  I actually have a picture with the violin.  Well - I played violin for about 6 years, so yes I still have some affinity with the violin.  I no longer play violin now, but I still love it.






And seriously, there were SO MANY varieties!  Here are some more of them.








There was also an area where people could put their wishes on coloured cards - just like what they had last year.  In fact I think they have this every year.









A couple more shots before I headed to the other part of the Flower Show.





Just in case you were wondering, this is only a fraction of the number of people at the Flower Show.  Everytime I go for the Flower Show, there'll be LOTS of people.




This whole area was decorated with a marine theme, and there were makeshift jellyfish hanging above our heads.  There were also fishes, corals and stuff like that.  One of the highlights was a clownfish made of flowers, whose fins moved.  He's kinda cute!





To fit in with the marine theme, there were bubbles EVERYWHERE!  So I had fun taking closeup shots of some of them. :)





Headed back up the ramp and took one more picture of the marine area before going off.  It was sunny that day - which explains the colourful umbrellas.




Well I definitely did not forget about the Merlion too!  After that I headed back to Resorts World Sentosa for some aircon.




And I guess that sums up the Sentosa Flower Show this year!  I'll definitely go again next year!