Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm back from Lakes Entrance!

It was a really wonderful trip, and I felt really terrible when the entire adventure ended. It was just so fun, and Steph's driving was so awesome! Came back with lots of souvenirs, a new bracelet, wet and sandy clothing, and of course...over 200 photos.

So I guess I'll split the photos up into 2 posts. Or maybe 3, depending on how I go.

Part 1 of the trip: Flowers, fruits and animals along the way.

During our drive to Lakes Entrance, we stopped by Stratford (named after the British town Stratford upon Avon) for a short break. And I came across these tiny, purple fruits along the parking lot. I wonder what they are, but the entire ground was just littered with these fruits.




We reached Lakes Entrance by 7pm, and it was still light. And I managed to capture a bunch of strawberries growing from one of the garden pots, in our motel.



Plus an orange fruit (wonder what it is though).



We spent 2 nights in Lakes Entrance - mainly playing mini-golf twice, going to a seashell museum, going to the beach, walking around the town, watching a sunset, and of course, eating lots of seafood. I'll post these pictures in another post. Meanwhile...

On the drive back, we stopped by Sale, and this is where I captured these flowers:





I thought the butterfly flew away when I pressed the shutter. Turns out that it was still on the flower, and it flew away just seconds after I took the picture.



Wildflowers growing along the freeway.



And a curious dog peeking out of the car, also along the freeway. He was pretty big, actually. Luckily the car was not going too fast.



And when we reached Warragul, we went to Steph's granny's place. And here is Phoebe the Ice Princess, looking as grumpy as ever. She ran away straightaway after her picture was taken. And she simply refused to cooperate. Hence the slightly shaky photo.



Steph's neighbour's flowers.



Steph's garden was blooming with late spring flowers, and the roses were especially beautiful. So were the other flowers.



The roses growing outside the gate...






And along the shed. The whole bush was just filled with lots of roses.



Right, and that concludes part 1 of our Lakes Entrance trip! I'll post part 2 (and possibly part 3) in the near future!

Bye for now!

Oh, and on a side note...5 more days before I return to Singapore! Got to go to Universal Studios, Marina Sands, Singapore flyer etc etc...all the tourist-y places! And take more photos of course!