Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm (finally) back in Singapore!!

Flight was pretty uneventful, apart from a number of turbulences and some annoying children (one was sitting behind me!) who couldn't stop whining and crying. I did manage to sleep for 4 hours though - which is a big bonus, considering that I usually cannot sleep during flights, especially overnight flights.

The minute I reached home, I started practicing piano, and the day after I landed, I went down to Orchard Road with Helios the dSLR. The Christmas decorations were already up, and I really love the decorations in front of Ion Orchard! You'll find out soon enough.

Anyway, I'll be splitting my Christmas deco pictures into 2 posts, so here's part 1:

Christmas decorations outside Marriott Hotel - opposite Ion Orchard.



And sculptures outside Ion Orchard. I don't really go to Ion Orchard, but whenever I stand outside the shopping centre, I'm just amazed by its architecture, its creativity, and everything around it.





And these are the Christmas decorations for the year! Musical instruments made from Christmas lights...



Amidst the glassy facade of Ion Orchard...



And here are the musical instruments in detail:

French horn:



Cello - I think there were 2 cellos, or the other one might have been a contrabass (double bass).



Harp - I noticed many people loved posing next to the French horn and the harp.



Saxophone - I think this is either a tenor or a baritone saxophone.



This looks like a bassoon or something, and is one of my favourite sculptures.



Massive trumpet. Or some other brass instrument? I ain't too familiar...



And of course - a snare drum! I reckon this is my favourite sculpture. It's just so amazing! And there are drum sticks too!



There was also a massive Christmas tree, not too far from the musical instruments. And the decorations were also musically-themed! My favourite Christmas tree - ever!

Looking up from the inside of the Christmas tree. Decorations included silver disco balls, silver snowflakes in the shape of music signs, and of course, purple Christmas lights!



The Christmas tree from outside. I didn't really notice that the snowflakes were made up of musical signs, until I looked closer. And of course, the star on the top of the Christmas tree is made up of treble clefs!



Details of the wonderful decorations:

Disco balls amongst the musical snowflakes:




A snowflake made up of demisemiquavers:



Semiquavers and treble clefs:



Closeup shot of the semiquavers:



Treble clefs:



More demisemiquavers:



I headed to Takashimaya shortly after, and took more shots of the massive Christmas tree in the foyer.



And of course - Christmas decorations outside the Coffee Club, on the 3rd floor. I love the red, spotty mushrooms!



Last but not least, a Christmas tree made of beautiful, cuddly teddy bears in the departmental store.




And that concludes part 1 of my Christmas decorations collection!