Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 11, 2010


Stressed over re-enrolment issues (confusing study plans)...
Stressed over course requirements (which also fall under re-enrolment issues)...
Stressed over deadlines (this happens to involve re-enrolment)...
Stressed over exams (tomorrow's my first paper and I'll have 2 more written papers next Monday and Tuesday)...
Stressed over moving out (packing, storage and all those stuff)...

Oh my gosh....my chromaffin cells are desperately pumping norepinephrine, and my adrenal cortical cells are pumping glucocorticoids into my bloodstream! Norepinephrine is acting on my alpha-1, beta-1 and beta-2 metabotrophic receptors, causing my heart rate to increase, my breathing rate to increase and my entire system to go nuts! Glucocorticoids are causing glucose to be mobilised in my body and synthesising glucose from the food I consumed a few hours before!!

Wheeewwww...what a mouthful! And yes, I AM STRESSED...that paragraph of scientific terms WAS the stress response! :P

Can't wait for these to be over!

P/S: The guy in the picture doesn't look stressed - he has been overwhelmed by stress. Such that he's totally bonked. :P