Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fremantle!

Took a bus down to Fremantle yesterday for some snapshots and for San Churros!

Fremantle, or Freo, is a port in Perth, and is 1 bus ride away from where I live. I remembered going to Fremantle when I was 6 (on a family holiday), but didn't remember the details. Now - 16 years later, I'm back in Fremantle!

First thing we spotted in Fremantle - lots and lots of shops! And old but well-restored buildings.



This is the Fremantle Town Hall...



And there was a tram parked right in front of some shops, ready to leave. I didn't know there was a tram...until today. Might hop on one day!




Fremantle was generally quiet, but there were people relaxing and busking along the streets.



Headed to the docks after that, and there was a sculpture of a dog running up to his owner, who just came back from a trip.




Maritime Museum near the docks - it was pretty expensive to go in there, so we decided against it. Might go there another time, but let's see how things go.



We stopped by the E-shed (part of the market) for some cool drinks - it was sweltering hot, almost 40 degrees! Yet we didn't know much about it until we stepped out into the open. It was air-conditioned and cool within the shed.

And of course here are some snapshots as we went along.








Hung around the harbour a little after our cool drinks...





There were these cute mini-sculptures near the carpark, and one of them included a woman being pecked by a seagull! My favourite was still the camera-stealing bird though!










Walked back to the city centre for San Churros! And on the way...more snapshots of course! The sky turned out to be really, really blue even though I didn't use my polarising filter.




And this is what I had been waiting for...all this while. SAN CHURRO!!




Short trip, but fun nevertheless! Would definitely go there again. Till then, I've got to work hard to finish up the rest of those dreaded assignments.