Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Future is Yours to Create

Oh hi little cutie! :)







Bought this adorable little guy in my university's bookshop and he's now sitting with my mushroom from Typo. I really love him - especially his little smile. And took pictures of him with a few of the props I have, including my mousepad and my piano calculator. I've got LOADS of music merchandise! And they make good props!



Also did a still-life photoshoot last week, when I bought these - a gorgeous brunette figurine in a graduation gown and an adorable teddy bear birthday card. These are actually for one of my awesome friends back in Melbourne, who really loves teddy bears. And of course, I chose the figurine for her because the phrase "The Future is Yours to Create" is really encouraging.

She's already a graduate though, and she's definitely working very hard to create a bright future for herself. Hope this year brings her good luck and happiness, and of course, I'm sure she'll be really, really successful!

Moving on to the pictures - initially I decided on a plain background...just normal shoots with the figurine and putting her on my windowsill (that's how I got the plain background). Just to get pictures of how the figurine looks like and the details.







To be honest, I really like the hem of the figurine's dress and the neckline. It really suits her.

I then used the birthday card as a backdrop for these pictures. The idea of these pictures is that graduation is often a great day for us students, and that graduating entails lots of wonderful gifts. Hence the various manipulations in backgrounds.





The teddy bears in the card came in all shapes and sizes, and of course, the main highlight was the front cover - a mum looking over as her baby unwraps a present. So yea, this explains all the combinations of backdrops I've got here.


















I'm glad the present's been delivered successfully too! I actually sent it interstate from Western Australia to Victoria, and was praying hard that nothing would happen to it...and I'm so glad it arrived in one piece in Victoria. :)

So I guess that's all for now - see you guys soon!