Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Perth International Festival 2012 Preview


First of all...HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

WHEW! What a day! The Perth International Festival was awesome - although I had to sacrifice a bit of my sleep to catch the bus to the festival. I managed to get a good 300+ photos! And realised that if I continued overloading my Picasa album, I'm gonna run out of space for sure. So yes, Google Plus - here I come! :D

Here's just a preview of the events occurring during the festival. I'll definitely do a full entry (or 2 entries on it, depending on how many pictures I put per entry) very soon!

1. Murdoch University City Challenge. People went in pairs and dressed up according to a theme they chose, to undertake a number of challenges in the city. The lady with the Minnie Mouse headband belonged to one of the teams, and she and her partner won one of the prizes :)



2. Band performances...with an extra twist. This band was Odette Mercy & Her Soul Atomics, and when they were performing their second last and last acts, a random couple just stood up and started dancing to the music. They were invited onto stage and allowed to show their talents too! Perhaps they were too immersed in the St Patrick's day atmosphere...




3. RED BULL!!! The Red Bull car came up twice, to deliver free Red Bull to people at the festival. Of course, I was interested in candid shots. But I was more interested in the car plate ;) It's pretty fascinating though - there were more guys than girls surrounding the Red Bull car...I wonder why.




4. Found a 3D street art masterpiece not too far away. The artist also indicated where a photographer should stand. And this was the effect I got - a cute little man stepping out of a book - in 3D! This piece of art was really amazing...



5. Stalls and more. There were MANY photographers hanging around, and of course, a variety of food. I went for ice-lemon tea and delicious Moroccan chicken with cous cous. Whoa...it was soooooooo good....I've not had cous cous for ages! And the Moroccan chicken with the special spicy sauce...heavenly! Sitting in the amphitheatre listening to music by a live band + delicious hunger satisfactions = YAY!! :D




6. Candid shots. I did SO MANY today. This is just one of them.



7. Stepped into one of the stalls to take a wide-angled shot of their magnum opus:



8. Took photos with mascots from Perth Heat!



9. There was a booth where kids could "practice" their footy skills...and have fun of course!



10. Love, love and more love! This was one of the affectionate gestures I observed today. There're more - trust me. Thanks to the 70-300 telephoto lens.



11. People rocking up at the festival with 4-leaf clovers, tall St Patrick's Day hats and green outfits. Some of them looked really interesting - as they deliberately dressed up. Others were more glamourous.



12. Black-and-white photography. It works WONDERS! I'm gonna be shooting lots of pictures in black-and-white from now on. Thanks Daniel for teaching me the trick! :D I've got lots more black-and-white pictures from today's collection, including a mini-photoshoot I did.





13. LOTS of kids! Glad they enjoyed themselves though! This girl decided to have some fun by skipping around the marsh after the band performances were over...and of course I took a shot :)




And I guess that's all for now! Yay for Google Plus for expanding my bandwidth and allowing me to upload more pictures in time to come!