Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh my gosh...what an epic weekend we had! Photoshoot for Ben in the morning, good Italian lunch, Aztec chocolate prank, good dinner, karaoke at Ben's place...........whoooooooo!!!!! I could only describe last weekend in one word: SUPERB!!

Although we did not manage to go for the ABBA World exhibition, we did manage to snap a picture of the entrance. :P We're planning to go for the ABBA exhibition in the near future anyways...since we missed it last weekend.



Dinner at Beer Deluxe consisted of pizza, chicken skewers, beef, gyoza (dumplings), and free artichokes from the restaurant!








Oh, and not to mention, we had really good desserts:
1. Chocolate risotto with vanilla ice cream
2. Caramel tarts (if I'm not wrong)
3. Penna cotta with chocolate sauce





We then crashed at Ben's place for informal karaoke - ABBA songs, songs by Celtic Woman etc...it was just so fun. We should really do it again! :D

2 snapshots from Ben's photoshoot. I think I've got 30 over pictures... :D Oh, and on a side note, I'm so glad I managed to take a good panning shot of Ben on his bike (the first picture below)! I haven't been doing panning shots for a while. Next thing - re-learn zoomburst shots. :) I used Helios the dSLR of course - with the wide-angle, standard and telephoto lens. I'm planning to bring Helios to Warragul this weekend - I reckon there'll be more spring flowers there...




Aha! There we go - more spring flowers! I really love the effects of the telephoto lens on depth of field, details and so on...





We had a grand piano unveiling last Wednesday too (and that was partially why we had such an epic weekend - to celebrate the piano unveiling's success!!!). The food they served during the launch was really good (as you can see - fresh spring rolls and other cool tidbits), and I got this really gorgeous rose from Steph's mum. It's still blooming beautifully now, and it smells ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!




I reckon this weekend will be equally epic. I should really bring Helios the dSLR out more often! Hmmmmm maybe I should plan a trip to Williamstown or some other seaside suburb...or the Botanic Gardens...or any other place!!

Bringing Helios the dSLR to piano lessons on Friday too! And leaving for Warragul straightafter!